Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability access Dublin Cinemas

Options
  • 23-02-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

I know there there is a sticky thread, but the one reference was UGC/Cineworld, which is awkward to get to for me. Liffey Valley has a nice tab detailing accessibilty, that is, two wheelchairs for each screen.. Dundrum talks about watching while with a baby, not accessibility, or it is well hidden.

It is reasonable assumption that the main Dublin cinemas have wheelchair access, but effort of going to somewhere and not being able to get in, would be awkward.

No one answers the phone in those places.

What's the accessibility of Dublin cinemas (wheelchair bay, ramp and accessible toilet)?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Mainly they have a lift and toilet. I think though with some cinemas the person has to sit at the front of the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Don't know how far it's from you, but Dun Laoghaire's cinema is deadly. It has a lift, wheelchair toilets and in the cinema screen I was in, there was seating on the ground level, a space and then the usual steps seating.

The space between the two sets of seating is wide and deadly for wheelchairs as you wouldn't be your neck looking up at the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I know there there is a sticky thread, but the one reference was UGC/Cineworld, which is awkward to get to for me. Liffey Valley has a nice tab detailing accessibilty, that is, two wheelchairs for each screen.. Dundrum talks about watching while with a baby, not accessibility, or it is well hidden.

It is reasonable assumption that the main Dublin cinemas have wheelchair access, but effort of going to somewhere and not being able to get in, would be awkward.

No one answers the phone in those places.

What's the accessibility of Dublin cinemas (wheelchair bay, ramp and accessible toilet)?

Thanks

My advice would be to avoid Liffey Valley Vue Cinema. Wheelchair users are seated at the very front of the theatres, right on top(practically)of the huge screens. I was there a while back with friends, and almost broke my neck trying to look at the screen.

Advertisement