Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Xbox LIVE Ultimate Game Sale February 26 - March 4, 2013

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

gotthebug wrote: »
    Havnt played any assissans creeds games but thinkin of buying 1 which 1 would people recommend

Number 2 is probably the best one, but obviously the later ones have better multi player features, more polished graphics/gameplay but id go for 2. Its got the best single player story of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Dirt 2 is coming up as 9.99 for me, It's suppose to be 4.99 in the sale, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Tinie wrote: »

Number 2 is probably the best one, but obviously the later ones have better multi player features, more polished graphics/gameplay but id go for 2. Its got the best single player story of them all.

Number 2 was the best. I started playing that and stopped and played the first one so could follow the story line.

Number 1 probably wouldn't be that bad if it didn't have so much travelling on it :-)

I thought it was ok nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Just got call of juarez for 2.99 , never played it but surely worth it at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

campo wrote: »
    Just got call of juarez for 2.99 , never played it but surely worth it at that price

it's a fun game

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

ablelocks wrote: »

cheers. can points bought on amazon.com be used in Ireland? i have a voucher on my account that can only be used on amazon.com so could put it towards xbox points if this was possible?

Unfortunately they're region locked. AFAIK Xbox Live Gold codes can be redeemed no matter where you are or where you got them from but as MSPs are technically a form of currency, they're restricted to the region you bought them in.

You can risk buying them from the States and then chance your arm with Xbox support, see If they'd redeem the code for you and then credit your account, but it all depends on what side of the bed the chap on the other end of the line woke up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

thanks op. ghost recon 2 for 3 euro. something to mess with for a few days..
    loked at assasins creed but theyre still cheaper on amazon

Grid for €3 is essential IMO, if you have any interest in driving games. Online community is spiking now also.

Grid for €3 is essential IMO, if you have any interest in driving games. Online community is spiking now also.

Stop giving me excuses not to study :D I've only heard good things about it, but is there any point as Grid 2 is around corner, id expect everyone to flock to that after :) ?

• Advertisement

Stop giving me excuses not to study :D I've only heard good things about it, but is there any point as Grid 2 is around corner, id expect everyone to flock to that after :) ?

Well the hardcore fans will, but majority of casual players will stick with the first one. And for €3 its well worth it.

Well the hardcore fans will, but majority of casual players will stick with the first one. And for €3 its well worth it.

How come it comes up as 5 yo yos for me then :(

3 YoYo? I paid 5 for it earlier on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Has the call of duty games come up yet? or did i miss them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Has the call of duty games come up yet? or did i miss them

not yet assassins creed today and halo yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Resident Evil today:
    • RE6: €14.99
    • RE5: €9.99
    • RE4: €9.99
    • RE Operation Racoon City: €14.99
    • RE Code Veronica X: €4.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

Are the downloads taking forever for you guys? Its taking about 6 hours a game on a 15mb connection for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Conar wrote: »
    Are the downloads taking forever for you guys? Its taking about 6 hours a game on a 15mb connection for me.

about the same maybe less but im only on 3mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

How much is Blackops 2

Picked up RE6. Works out about 11 euro with points so not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Conar wrote: »

Yes, seems they are taking a long time for everyone. The speed of your internet connection does not seem to be a factor as it was taking the same amount of time yesterday for the same game on my 6mb versus an NTL 20mb+ connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Picked myself up RE Code Veronica X for 400 ms points.

Thats a really good deal :D

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    Picked myself up RE Code Veronica X for 400 ms points.

Thats a really good deal :D

I bought that the day it came out, there was a glitch in the game where it wouldn't let me get to a place in the game to press a switch. Hence I couldn't finish it. Got very pissed of :S

I just can't get the hang of Grid, It's way too hard for me and I'm usually not that bad at driving games. ALL I seem to be doing is crashing, rewinding, crashing and rewinding LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭cython

Dazzy wrote: »
    Yes, seems they are taking a long time for everyone. The speed of your internet connection does not seem to be a factor as it was taking the same amount of time yesterday for the same game on my 6mb versus an NTL 20mb+ connection.

The benefits of really high bandwidth connections are only really seen when either downloading several things concurrently on a computer, or with multiple devices connected. Most server side setups will have throttling or bandwidth control configured to avoid their entire upload capacity being taken up by a small few with fast download rates.

I've noticed that resi evil 6 is only £8.99 or 1040 points on the uk store. A 200 point or
    ~e4 saving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

skinny90 wrote: »
    How much is Blackops 2
    It's 'reduced' to a cheap, cheap price of €64.99!
    • COD2: €9.99
    • COD3: €9.99
    • COD World at War: €19.99
    • COD MW2: €19.99
    • COD Black Ops: €24.99
    • COD MW3: €29.99
    • COD Black Ops 2: €64.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Conar

cython wrote: »

The benefits of really high bandwidth connections are only really seen when either downloading several things concurrently on a computer, or with multiple devices connected. Most server side setups will have throttling or bandwidth control configured to avoid their entire upload capacity being taken up by a small few with fast download rates.

I have to say that I disagree. The vast majority of single connection downloads I do use my full bandwidth.
    Usually these are free services too.
    The fact that we actually pay for Xbox live would make you think we'd get a high speed download out of them.
    Convenience should be the name of the game here to entice us to use a digital download service in the future.
    Waiting about a day for your 4th game in the list to come down is not convenient it's just bloody slow.
    Simple fact is that unless I plan ahead for the purchases and the prices are extremely cheap I'll always be better of heading to a store to buy it.
    That said I have bought 6 games so far :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's 'reduced' to a cheap, cheap price of €64.99!
    • COD2: €9.99
    • COD3: €9.99
    • COD World at War: €19.99
    • COD MW2: €19.99
    • COD Black Ops: €24.99
    • COD MW3: €29.99

They are ridiculous prices. I'd have picked up Black Ops if it was a tenner or less, but €25 hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 radve

Maybe the prices isn't updated yet. Www.majornelson.com shows totally different prices for US markets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

radve wrote: »
    Maybe the prices isn't updated yet. Www.majornelson.com shows totally different prices for US markets.

Nope, we're just getting completely different prices. While I appreciate this sale, the people who are managing pricing for this are a jokeshop. BLOPS is AU$2.99 in Australia I believe, but a different price on the webstore. AC:Brotherhood was the same price as 1 and 2 in US$ and £, but €5 more expensive than Revelations here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Just to let you know guys free xbox live gold 8-10 march all weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That's something I never got about Xbox Live Marketplace. You would see new games going for mental prices like €59.99 or even €64.99 (like black ops 2 above) but you could go into any shop and get it for 10-15 euro less.

I was always under the impression its because games are that bit more expensive in mainland europe. Actually, I'll check that out :p

**edit**
    Yup. Here is gamestop.de average new game is €60 or €65 but its funny they have Black Ops 2 going for €45 :pac: But I dont get it, games should be priced according to region :confused: We shouldnt be getting the mainland price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I see Borderland 2 / Dishonored is €20

That's good, right? Or am I up too late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Today's games
    Batman Arkham City: €14.99 or 1240 MS Points
    Borderlands: €9.99 or 840 MS Points
    Borderlands 2: €19.99 or 1680 MS Points
    Fable III: Doesn't seem to be reduced for me
    Dead Island: €9.99 or 840 MS Points
    Fallout New Vegas: €9.99 or 840 MS Points
    Portal 2: €14.99 or 1240 MS Points
    Red Dead Redemption: €14.99 or 1240 MS Points
    Dishonored: €19.99 or 1680 MS Points

• Registered Users Posts: 23 radve

Great price for Borderlands 2. Also a great game.

Wow, batman arkham asylum is £2.69 in england, but €10 here! Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Just grabbed Borderlands 2 for 1680 points. Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Wow, batman arkham asylum is £2.69 in england, but €10 here! Typical.

It's appearing as €14.99 for me, and £8.99 in the UK..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Allyall wrote: »

That's for Batman Arkham City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Allyall wrote: »
    Are you sure that's not Arkham City you are looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

dor83 wrote: »
    Are you sure that's not Arkham City you are looking at?

Yep, 'Twas Arkham City.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

tinodz wrote: »
    I see Borderland 2 / Dishonored is €20

That's good, right? Or am I up too late?

That's VERY good.
    Dishonored is the best game from last year, you're robbing them blind at that price.

Might get Borderlands 2. Is it any use if you've played the first, or is it just more of the same?

Dishonoured is £18 on amazon

If you buy 4200 points from elecronicfirst.com for €37 and buy dishonored or borderlands 2 using Microsoft points, it works out at just under €15. Has anyone here played dishonored actually? Might go for it at that price.

For 1240 points, Arkham City is a great buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

If you buy 4200 points from elecronicfirst.com for €37 and buy dishonored or borderlands 2 using Microsoft points, it works out at just under €15. Has anyone here played dishonored actually? Might go for it at that price.

check out adverts a bloke there sells 4200 points for 30e used him many of times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Dishonored is showing as £24.99 on xbox.com.
    What's the procedure for getting it at €19.99?

Mr E wrote: »
    Dishonored is showing as £24.99 on xbox.com.
    What's the procedure for getting it at €19.99?

Yeah it shows up like that first, but when you actually go to pay it comes up as €19.99. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Perfect.... good bargain. :)

balfe1990 wrote: »
    That's VERY good.
    Dishonored is the best game from last year, you're robbing them blind at that price.

Might get Borderlands 2. Is it any use if you've played the first, or is it just more of the same?

I loved the first one, got all DLC as well. Just couldn't get into the 2nd one. It's good, but to me it was more of the same sorta stuff. Some different enemies alright. I didn't get very far in it. Any amount of weapons, run here there, just got bored with it. My other mates liked it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement