Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Xbox LIVE Ultimate Game Sale February 26 - March 4, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

I loved the first one, got all DLC as well. Just couldn't get into the 2nd one. It's good, but to me it was more of the same sorta stuff. Some different enemies alright. I didn't get very far in it. Any amount of weapons, run here there, just got bored with it. My other mates liked it.

Yeah, think I'll give it a miss. Had my fill of that formula.
    sweetie wrote:
    Dishonoured is £18 on amazon
    It's £23.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

If you buy 4200 points from elecronicfirst.com for €37 and buy dishonored or borderlands 2 using Microsoft points, it works out at just under €15. Has anyone here played dishonored actually? Might go for it at that price.
    I bought not too long ago.
    Really, really great game. It looks like an animated oil painting.
    Plays like Deus Ex, in that you have a multitude of different paths to take in each mission, different ways to complete them and your "actions have consequences", that are actually tangible for once.

Very impressive game, you'd be silly not to pick it up for 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Wrong thread, but 10X Xp Gears 3 this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Yeah, think I'll give it a miss. Had my fill of that formula.

It's £23.

Wow I only paid 18 on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

For those looking for points argos have them for 21.99 for 2100 at the minute not sure about cost of 4200, but cheapest b+m here at the minute for points.

For the most part it works out better for you buying with points .

Oh for what its worth Dishonoured is 100% worth it , it's like thief meets bioshock meets steam punk deus ex.

I played through it twice and it was a totally different game both times, first was a if i get caught deal with it and use powers run 2nd was a100% stealth, no kills, no powers and it was a completely different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

anyone got full list of todays offers ? only seen batman today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

johnf26 wrote: »
    anyone got full list of todays offers ? only seen batman today.

Problems in some regions with Deals today. Here is the US list - not sure if Ireland has these at the right prices though.

Fallout 3 $4.99
    Max Payne 3 $14.99
    The Orange Box $9.99
    Left 4 Dead 2 $9.99
    MGS 2 & 3 HD $9.99
    MGS Peacewalker $9.99
    Civilization Revolution $9.99
    Batman Arkham Asylum $9.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

any games defo worth getting? is batman good? i normally play just fifa but this years version has been poor so looking to mix up the games a bit. also is max payne any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭recyclops

The orange box is an absolute must own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Any one play MGS ports? Are they decent ports or are they half arsed effort to get more revenue.

Looked at the dishonoured trailer and gameplay yesterday and decided to buy it. Looks fairly decent so picked it up.

Enjoying Halo 4 for now :-) Still RE6 left and still downloading dishonoured.

By the time this sale is over I'll have enough games to get me through the year :-D

• Advertisement

It is possible to buy from other regions yes?

madma wrote: »
    any games defo worth getting? is batman good? i normally play just fifa but this years version has been poor so looking to mix up the games a bit. also is max payne any use?

Batman is great, and worth your time. Bioshock is one of the best games in the last few years, so I would go with that too. Red Dead Redemption is a better game than Max Payne 3 IMO. Red Dead is arguably Rockstar's best game this gen (once again IMO). Borderland 2 is a lot of game from your money too. GRID is also a fantastic racer - fantastic value at the sale price.

Any one play MGS ports? Are they decent ports or are they half arsed effort to get more revenue. D

They were done by Bluepoint Games - who previously worked on the Team Ico HD games and the God of War HD games (which were well revived). Kojima Productions also oversaw everything and had input on their development.

They are the best ports they could be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

tinodz wrote: »
    Problems in some regions with Deals today. Here is the US list - not sure if Ireland has these at the right prices though./QUOTE]

Seems to be alright...

Wouldn't let me buy dishonored earlier, now its disappeared...
    Batman arkham city only showing at €30 or 2500 points also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Sorry dishonored is back on the marketplace but still not available to buy....

Strange....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Problems in some regions with Deals today. Here is the US list - not sure if Ireland has these at the right prices though.

Fallout 3 $4.99
    Max Payne 3 $14.99
    The Orange Box $9.99
    Left 4 Dead 2 $9.99
    MGS 2 & 3 HD $9.99
    MGS Peacewalker $9.99

MSG 2&3 is coming up as 24.99 on mine... Damm their price mishaps!

Fallout 3 $4.99
    Max Payne 3 $14.99
    The Orange Box $9.99
    Left 4 Dead 2 $9.99
    MGS 2 & 3 HD $9.99
    MGS Peacewalker $9.99

nice one ty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Batman is great, and worth your time. Bioshock is one of the best games in the last few years, so I would go with that too. Red Dead Redemption is a better game than Max Payne 3 IMO. Red Dead is arguably Rockstar's best game this gen (once again IMO). Borderland 2 is a lot of game from your money too. GRID is also a fantastic racer - fantastic value at the sale price.

cheers yeah i read an article recenly about dara o'brein's love for gaming and batman is his all time fav! i forgot about that red dead redemption game the clips of it look deadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson
    Re: Deals for Today...the team ran into a little snag, and they're working on getting the right content on sale for the right regions.

Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson
    Once I get confirmation that they're showing the right prices for all the right regions, I'll let you know

• Advertisement

nice one kev as some arent working for me either

mgs 2-3 hd is working on ireland store @ 9.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Max Payne 3 is just €4.99...unbelievable value!

Max payne 3 and Left for Dead 2 for under a tenner...now thats value

Now I know how steam users feel...

Ive changed my location on xbox.com to the UK and I seem to have received better discounts..

Xbox LIVE Ultimate Game Sale: Day 7

Discounted price is available for 24-hours only:

Mortal Kombat $19.99
    Mortal Kombat vs. DCU $4.99
    Street Fighter IV $9.99
    Street Fighter X Tekken $19.99
    Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition $9.99
    Tekken 6 $9.99
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $19.99
    The King of Fighters XIII $9.99

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Kev. wrote: »
    Ive changed my location on xbox.com to the UK and I seem to have received better discounts..
    how much are you saving by doing that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Just started downloading Max Payne 3 - for €4.99 its great value!

you can see better discounts but when you go to buy you still get the irish price

I got The Darkness, Batman Arkham City & Left 4 Dead 2 all for less than 2500 points, that's the next few months sorted:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

you can see better discounts but when you go to buy you still get the irish price

Is that for definite? I see you can change over buy you can only do it every 3 months. Wouldn't mind getting batman arkham asylum for £2.69.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,982 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Max payne 3 and Left for Dead 2 for under a tenner...now thats value

Max Payne 3 is still 400 points.

I also bought Left For Dead 2 for 840 ... was it only 400 yesterday as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Is that for definite? I see you can change over buy you can only do it every 3 months. Wouldn't mind getting batman arkham asylum for £2.69.

I think he means he's using a VPN. The Xbox thinks he is in the UK, so he is getting UK prices, but i know of two people who tried it with both U.K. and U.S. - Both said download times were atrocious through it. When they switched back to Ireland after paying in foreign currency their downloads stopped and they had to start again, some error appeared, and they restarted. Then all fine.

Seems like a bit of hassle unless you have a good VPN service, or the discount is big enough to make it worth it.

Fastest way i can think should work would be this, Don't know if it would work with points though, would it?

Use VPN on PC --> Purchase --> Go to Xbox --> Download

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just grabbed Max Payne 3 and KoF XIII for a tenner all in all. Microsoft are usually way behind Sony when it comes to discounts and sales, but to be fair they're offering some genuinely great deals this time around. Also good to have something substantial to put on that half-empty 250GB HDD ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, hopefully MS see the response to this and do similar ones in the future. Bought RE6, Max Payne 3, GRID and Arkham City myself, some other great prices were there too like Dishonoured and Borderlands 2.

I didnt use a VPN,I just changed location,Im nearly sure I got better discounts as Dirt 2 was a showing up as E9.99 for me before I changed it,I got it for £5 sterling also with Batman it showed up cheaper..

I didnt use a VPN,I just changed location,Im nearly sure I got better discounts as Dirt 2 was a showing up as E9.99 for me before I changed it,I got it for £5 sterling also with Batman it showed up cheaper..

Batman Arkham Asylum showing up in UK as £2.69 and here for €9.99 :mad:
    Did we come out top on any offers?
    Switzerland got Max Payne 3 for 160MSP vs 400MSP here, U.S. got all of them. Why differentiate from one European Country to another? Especially if we are using the same currency/MSP.

It does take some of the shine off..

Allyall wrote: »
    Batman Arkham Asylum showing up in UK as £2.69 and here for €9.99 :mad:
    Did we come out top on any offers?
    Switzerland got Max Payne 3 for 160MSP vs 400MSP here, U.S. got all of them. Why differentiate from one European Country to another? Especially if we are using the same currency/MSP.

It does take some of the shine off..

Borderlands 2 and Dishonored were £24.99 in UK and were €19.99 in Ireland. That the only plus points we got I think.

... I changed region to UK. Batman AA is now showing up for £2.69 or 320MSP, but i can't buy with MSP.. There's no option, is there a way around this? ORr what do i do? I've logged out, cleared history and cookies and logged back in.

... I changed region to UK. Batman AA is now showing up for £2.69 or 320MSP, but i can't buy with MSP.. There's no option, is there a way around this? ORr what do i do? I've logged out, cleared history and cookies and logged back in.

Click purchase, when you go to pay, there should be an option to press X to pay with Microsoft points.

Click purchase, when you go to pay, there should be an option to press X to pay with Microsoft points.

This is what i get after i click use Microsoft Points. I can't click anywhere.

1572l8n.jpg

• Advertisement

try buying it from your console the option is there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

nice one about mgs2&3.

x hundred ms points today still. had to search for it tho on Xbox.com tho. paid with points instead of PayPal.

1572l8n.jpg

you're irish points dont carry over to another region.
    You will have to buy points form MS or redeem a card to add points to uk account but worth having them as they do have cheaper deals sometimes

1572l8n.jpg
    Are you doing this on pc? If so try on console, if it's same on console, sorry mate, haven't an answer....

sweetie wrote: »
    you're irish points dont carry over to another region.
    You will have to buy points form MS or redeem a card to add points to uk account but worth having them as they do have cheaper deals sometimes

Points do transfer over, but it doesn't allow download.
    Are you doing this on pc? If so try on console, if it's same on console, sorry mate, haven't an answer....

Console won't allow me to download, and now all previous games downloaded are gone.. Ahb...Jeebus..

Going to try and change location back. Says i can't within 3 months.

I declare shenanigans and burning pants on that ^^

I am on to support for the last 20+ minutes.. Getting nowhere, just after being told she is going to have to escalate it to tech support.. :(

Sorry I meant I had separate Irish uk and us accounts on my Xbox and different points on each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Picked up Max Payne for €4.99 - didn't have enough points. Still a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Picked up Max Payne as well. Just the long wait for the download now.

Was tempted by the orange box for a tenner, should I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Can I buy these online off the Xbox site? Can't find any link..

Advertisement