Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Xbox LIVE Ultimate Game Sale February 26 - March 4, 2013

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

kaji wrote: »
    Can I buy these online off the Xbox site? Can't find any link..

Yes. Just go on Xbox.com and purchase them from there. Obviously make sure your signed in with the correct Microsoft Account that matches your Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I picked up Max Payne 3 (it would, quite honestly, be rude not to), MGS2/3 and Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Picked up Max Payne as well. Just the long wait for the download now.

Was tempted by the orange box for a tenner, should I?

Orange box is an awesome deal for that price, hope Team Fortress 2 gets a new influx of players from this, loved that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Liamalone wrote: »

Orange box is an awesome deal for that price, hope Team Fortress 2 gets a new influx of players from this, loved that game.

Damn.Conflicted.

Bargain alerts is supposed to save you money but doesn't count if you buy them all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

delighted got MGS 2/3 and peace walker for 15euro BARGAIN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Little Pea wrote: »
    delighted got MGS 2/3 and peace walker for 15euro BARGAIN.

Got Peace Walker aswell, think its the only MGS I missed due to not owning a PSP....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Liamalone wrote: »
    hope Team Fortress 2 gets a new influx of players from this, loved that game.
    35mr1b.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FFS busy all week and missed this. Just bought MAx Payne 3. What other super offers are on now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

FutureGuy wrote: »
    FFS busy all week and missed this. Just bought MAx Payne 3. What other super offers are on now?

What genres do you like? The fighting games are on sale at the moment. tekken tag tournie 2 for 840 points is a good deal, only out last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Bought Grid and Orange Box for a total of 1240 points earlier. Works out around €12 as opposed to the total euro price of €15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

FutureGuy wrote: »

The Orange Box is great - if you somehow never played the HL games
    GRID is great - if you like racers. It is Fecking fantastic actually
    Tekken Tag is GREAT if you like brawlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Quick heads-up: I know the offer is nearly over, but the prices for the week long offers were fixed, with €4.99 games going for 400 MS points, and €2.99 games for 240 MS points, grab em while you still can. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Quick heads-up: I know the offer is nearly over, but the prices for the week long offers were fixed, with €4.99 games going for 400 MS points, and €2.99 games for 240 MS points, grab em while you still can. :)

Probably a silly question, but what was wrong? I never noticed a problem beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

tinodz wrote: »
    Probably a silly question, but what was wrong? I never noticed a problem beforehand.

No big deal really, just the games were oddly priced in MS points, €4.99 games were 440 points and €2.99 games cost 480 MS points for some reason, it's normally better value to pay in points but when the offer started, the conversion didn't make sense, with €2.99 games costing more than €4.99 games in MS points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

there's another sale coming from Mar 26th to 31st. And then on teh 1st April there'll be a one day special sale.

major nelson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Balls.

After i changed region that time, can't buy anything, nor can i change back to Ireland for 3 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Allyall wrote: »
    Balls.

After i changed region that time, can't buy anything, nor can i change back to Ireland for 3 months..

Ah, there's always a catch:eek:

Ah, there's always a catch:eek:

No, sorry.... I meant, during the last sale (This thread), i changed region to the K to get a game cheaper.... COuldn't get it, and can't change back.. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Meh. Doesn't look anything as good as last one. Mainly extra DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

No, sorry.... I meant, during the last sale (This thread), i changed region to the K to get a game cheaper.... COuldn't get it, and can't change back.. :mad:

That's a bummer mate:-( not much this time anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Balls.

Did your points balance not transfer across? I changed to UK just out of curiosity and to pick up some indie games and didn't have a problem getting my points transferrred (I might change back in a few months but I'll use my hungarian account to get the cheap deals in the meantime...although the uk prices are sometimes better than the Irish one too)

If the points didn't transfer then there's no guarantee they will come back when you revert to Ireland, so check wih support as u should have your points now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Why not just setup a uk account and login to that when you want to buy something. You will need to have separate points but seems simpler.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Did your points balance not transfer across? I changed to UK just out of curiosity and to pick up some indie games and didn't have a problem getting my points transferrred (I might change back in a few months but I'll use my hungarian account to get the cheap deals in the meantime...although the uk prices are sometimes better than the Irish one too)

If the points didn't transfer then there's no guarantee they will come back when you revert to Ireland, so check wih support as u should have your points now.

Yep, points transferred no problem, but couldn't/can't buy anything.. It says i'm not in the UK... (SO WHY F*****G LET ME CHANGE!!??)
    I put in my Aunt's address in London.

Bizarre because it works fine for me... Have u tried buying stuff on d'computer instead and then downloading to xbox after?

Try buying I Maed A Game with Zombies In It for 80 points to test... Well worth it :)

Also try setting your region to Northern Ireland using bt11aa as the postcode. That's what I have.

Incidentally, all the Spring Sale GonD are ultra cheap on Hungarian marketplace until April 1. Just Cause 2 and Hitman Blood Money are 400 points right now.

Dead Rising 2 and LA Noire are 600 points.

Hmmm... Any recommendations? Already got LA Noire, but might get the season pass for 480

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭recyclops

picked up dead rising case west as its the only part of the game i never played

Advertisement