Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Aston Villa K/O 3pm 23/2/2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

SANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

GET THE **** IN, WELL PLAYED NACHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm still pissed at this team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Saying it since last season that Chesney is just not good enough!

I still rate him the other week he was immense, he is young will get better and is playing in front of a pretty much non existent defence a lot of the time. The goalkeeper majority of the time should not be taking the brunt of it.

Go on Cazorla :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great goal. Well worked. Now don't blow it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Oh wait Cazorla scored. All is fine again. Cancel the protests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

blobby360 wrote: »

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

blobby360 wrote: »

Try being a Villa fan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

There's no doubt Chez has quality and potential to be world class but we shouldn't be using him as a guaranteed starter on the basis of eventually he will be good, could easily take another 3/4 years there should be another keeper challenging him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

My internet connection might go so I'll leave two responses.

Lose or Draw-

the teams a joke, wenger out.

Win-

great victory, not a great performance but we dug in and got the result something we wouldn't have done in seasons past.

Soups123 wrote: »
    There's no doubt Chez has quality and potential to be world class but we shouldn't be using him as a guaranteed starter on the basis of eventually he will be good, could easily take another 3/4 years there should be another keeper challenging him

But I think the majority of time we see errors from him is because the defense leaves him so wide open and exposed put a better organized defense in front of him then we see how he performs.

Patser wrote: »
    Try being a Villa fan

I do hope yehs stay up, have some good young players who are just lacking experience and play some decent football, think yehs will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

But I think the majority of time we see errors from him is because the defense leaves him so wide open and exposed put a better organized defense in front of him then we see how he performs.
    He lacks concentration to much and can be a bit cocky/confident sometimes when something simple is needed, all signs off inexperience. I reckon he'll be quality one day but there should be viable competition in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Good to get the win but we were poor once again really.

Same problems, lacked killer instinct in front of goal, shaky at the back, lax in possession, silly turnovers due to crap passing. Cazorla was good, showed well for the ball. Monreal got forward, but after that there wasn't much to shout about. That wont be good enough against Spurs.

Disappointed Rosicky didn't get gametime.

He lacks concentration to much and can be a bit cocky/confident sometimes when something simple is needed, all signs off inexperience. I reckon he'll be quality one day but there should be viable competition in there

Agree. He's too error prone now. That's at least 2 goals in our two games he should have prevented.

• Advertisement

Yeh I do think he needs competition to push him on further, but sometimes the criticism aimed at him is harsh when you consider how badly an organized defense he has in front of him. There are much bigger issues in the team than the goalkeeper for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Christ Arsenal, get a bit of perspective, it doesn't matter how you get 3 points as long as you get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

JPA wrote: »
    Christ Arsenal, get a bit of perspective, it doesn't matter how you get 3 points as long as you get them!

Yes thats the thing, get the points on the board and across the line. A win is a win, even though we all have no confidence ..... its a PLUS after a bad week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Quazzie wrote: »
    He doesn't have the ability to. He has lost the dressing room and is tactically unaware of how a game runs.

point 1 = bulshít
    point 2 = bullshít
    point 3 = bullshít

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

batistuta9 wrote: »
    point 1 = bulshít
    point 2 = bullshít
    point 3 = bullshít

How is it bullshít. He has set substitutions that he uses no matter what way the game is going. Look at Podolski being taken off in the 69th minute game after game if you doubt that. He can't change a game because he has a plan A and if that fails then we're screwed. Against Utd Fergie made changes in the form of vital substitutions including Cleverly which meant he avoided a red card, whereas Wenger couldn't read the game and see what everyone else could and left Jack on, and we all know hoe that faired out.

Thats for your bullshít post* but I choose to believe what I see on the field week in week out rather than mindless posts like yours to formulate my opinion

*in more ways than one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

How is it bullshít. He has set substitutions that he uses no matter what way the game is going. Look at Podolski being taken off in the 69th minute game after game if you doubt that. He can't change a game because he has a plan A and if that fails then we're screwed. Against Utd Fergie made changes in the form of vital substitutions including Cleverly which meant he avoided a red card, whereas Wenger couldn't read the game and see what everyone else could and left Jack on, and we all know hoe that faired out.

Thats for your bullshít post* but I choose to believe what I see on the field week in week out rather than mindless posts like yours to formulate my opinion

*in more ways than one

Taking Jenkinson off today and also putting Kos on were clearly not set subs. I agree he leaves it too late often these days but calling him tactically unaware of how a game runs is ludicrous.

Edit: Also, lost the dressing room? Bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

*in more ways than one

Set subs, such a load of bollocks - more shít to throw at Wenger just. I suppose the subs today were set too, were they?

Lost the dressing room - where is this coming from?

mindless posts, :pac::pac::pac: A bit rich coming from you. I'm not the one who thinks Arsene Wenger is & I quote "tactically unaware of how a game runs." This is one of the most ridiculous things i've seen post here ever, not even from the last week but ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I know for a fact that as an Arsenal fan I feel very confident going into this run in with Spurs and Chelsea. Their two managers are mediocre compared to Wenger.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I know for a fact that as an Arsenal fan I feel very confident going into this run in with Spurs and Chelsea. Their two managers are mediocre compared to Wenger.

We won't be playing Chelsea again. We have played them twice (lost both).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We won't be playing Chelsea again. We have played them twice (lost both).

I meant the run in for third and fourth places.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I meant the run in for third and fourth places.

My apologies. Got it wrong. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Arsenal dug out a result today after losing the lead. People have been criticising them for not being able to do that. If they win ugly their fans are giving out, if the win easily those people say thats the only way they can win.
    They are fighting hard for a Champion's league place, they lost their superstar striker last season who was angling for a move all last year. You cannot expect to just automatically replace RVP but one of the guys he brought in scored two goals today and the one he bought in January provided the assist. I think they are not far off being serious challengers again. I just don't get all the pessimism.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Arsenal dug out a result today after losing the lead. People have been criticising them for not being able to do that. If they win ugly their fans are giving out, if the win easily those people say thats the only way they can win.
    They are fighting hard for a Champion's league place, they lost their superstar striker last season who was angling for a move all last year. You cannot expect to just automatically replace RVP but one of the guys he brought in scored two goals today and the one he bought in January provided the assist. I think they are not far off being serious challengers again. I just don't get all the pessimism.

Even with our "superstar" we were making hard work of games like this.

Advertisement