Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I see gold has dropped over $100 in the last month

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭euroboom13

i was comparing gold to cash price......i could compare it to vintage cars if i thought it was relevent......

....only joking fair point...

...but gold will fall more, my guess is just below $1000.......but thats just how i see it.....and i see it sit there for more than 2yrs.....

enjoying side line view....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

hmmm wrote: »
    Fundamentals? Gold? I'm afraid you are mixing gold up with some useful commodity that doesn't rely on a huge speculative value. It's a shiny metal that has some industrial use, some jewelry use and a massive premium that people pay based on something that I've never been able to make sense of.

Hahaha, yes because it will suddenly stop being a store of value after 2000 years, because of your logic. You're a chump at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

euroboom13 wrote: »
    i was comparing gold to cash price......i could compare it to vintage cars if i thought it was relevent......

....only joking fair point...

...but gold will fall more, my guess is just below $1000.......but thats just how i see it.....and i see it sit there for more than 2yrs.....

enjoying side line view....

That could easily happen, I reckon it will settle higher though. That said neither of us know!

Gold was 150 approx before the "bubble" in the 80s which brought it to 750 approx and it settled back down at a 350 approx average. This time it spike to 1900 and will settle back down to ain average maybe between 1000-1300. Then it's just a case of siiting on it as you said for maybe 2 years, or maybe less time when the US equities bubble bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Roonbox wrote: »
    Many see it as a hedge against rampant inflation.

Your right. The only logical reason to buy gold is if you believe hyper inflation scenario in the future. Clearly given the massive bull run some serious expectant of inflation is already built into the price. Gold as a really longterm investment is just about broke even after inflation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Skr4wny wrote: »
    Hahaha, yes because it will suddenly stop being a store of value after 2000 years, because of your logic. You're a chump at best.
    I'm being called a chump by a guy who thinks gold is a "store of value" represented by "fundamentals". :rolleyes:

Let me tell you, "stores of value" in my book don't lose 25% of their value in the space of a few weeks.

Advertisement