Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City V Chelsea FA Premier League K.O 13:30 Sunday 24th Feb SS1 HD/3D

• 23-02-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Huge game for both sides. City need to win to keep any slim hope of retaining their league title alive. Chelsea need to win to keep their half-grip on a Top 4 finish alive. Both teams will be gunning for a win.

For Chelsea, Ba needs to start here. Torres has finally lost my faith (probably the last Chelsea fan on the planet that held any faith in him) and I cannot see any good reason why he should start.

Both sides are enduring a very poor run of form at the moment and thus it will be hard to call, but I can see City winning it more than I can see Chelsea winning it, sadly.

The only thing going for Chelsea is that a draw is not a complete and utter disaster of a result. For City, anything other than a win more or less hands United their 20th League Title; if United win today and City only draw, the gap is 14 points and that is just insurmountable. United could then afford to lose 4 games and would still be 2 points ahead, providing City win all their remaining games. United have only lost 3 times all season, so to lose 5 of their remaining 12 games is very, very unlikely.

I can see City winning, and both sides conceding. 3-2 or 3-1 to City. Sadly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Can see a City win... but hoping that Mata, Hazard and Ba really turn up for Chelsea and give us a chance..

Im gona say 2-1 City :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

DazMarz wrote: »
    Huge game for both sides. City need to win to keep any slim hope of retaining their league title alive. Chelsea need to win to keep their half-grip on a Top 4 finish alive. Both teams will be gunning for a win.

For Chelsea, Ba needs to start here. Torres has finally lost my faith (probably the last Chelsea fan on the planet that held any faith in him) and I cannot see any good reason why he should start.

Both sides are enduring a very poor run of form at the moment and thus it will be hard to call, but I can see City winning it more than I can see Chelsea winning it, sadly.

The only thing going for Chelsea is that a draw is not a complete and utter disaster of a result. For City, anything other than a win more or less hands United their 20th League Title; if United win today and City only draw, the gap is 14 points and that is just insurmountable. United could then afford to lose 4 games and would still be 2 points ahead, providing City win all their remaining games. United have only lost 3 times all season, so to lose 5 of their remaining 12 games is very, very unlikely.

I can see City winning, and both sides conceding. 3-2 or 3-1 to City. Sadly...
    We're not going to win the league now. That last minute defeat to our quiet neighbours coupled with our annual defeat to the Mackems as good as sealed our fate back in December. That, and all those bloody draws. We've lost the same number of games as u*****, yet they've got (allowing for the extra game they've played) 15 points more than us. Hughes got sacked for drawing too many games. Ah well; a major push for the FA Cup is all we've got left to aim for this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Any projected team news? If Kompany is fit to start I'd fancy City just

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Chelsea win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's probably just me, but I'm not actually too pushed about the result of this game as a City fan. Still not a hope in hell of winning the league. It'd be nice to finish ahead of Chelsea, but not as important as winning the FA cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I'm feeling confident today about Chelsea getting a result, we've got some good results against the top teams, and we're due a win at The Etihad.

I think a lot will depend on whether Kompany plays or not, i'm going 3-1 Chelsea (probably wishful thinking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sister and Father are over to watch this game. Hoping for lots of goals for them. :)

4-4! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

obvious city win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Chelsea 11/4 with PP online ,think i'll have some off that .

Think Chelsea will shade it 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

I didnt realise how congested 2nd-5th in the table had become till just there only 6 points between city and arsenal now, should make for a good end to the season!

Think city will win myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Scored draw - Rafa would be delighted to take a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mancini going with only one striker and Rodwell starts. Unusual for a home game.

MCFC; Hart, Zabaleta (C), Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Milner, Rodwell, Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Hope Chelsea win, only because it will make for a small bit of entertainment if City are dragged into a race for a CL spot in a league that's already disappointingly well sewn up in February.

Game itself is completely unpredictable.

CFC; Cech; Ivan, Cahill, D Luiz, Cole; Mik, Lamps (c); Ram, Mata, Haz; Ba.

Subs; Turn, Azpili, JT, Bert, Oscar, Moses, Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Torres to score the winner

Small bit on Yaya Toure anytime @ 4/1 considering it looks like he'll be given plenty of freedom to bomb forward.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Torres to score the winner

Here's something else from 2009

JT not starting again - seems to be a pattern lately. Glad Ba gets the nod over Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Draw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Massive game for both clubs here. Both need to win this but I can't see past a City win, most probably nicking it in the final 10 minutes.

Considering the obscene money pumped into these two clubs over the past few years its all very underwhelming isn't it, finding it hard to get excited about this game which really shouldn't be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Considering the obscene money pumped into these two clubs over the past few years its all very underwhelming isn't it, finding it hard to get excited about this game which really shouldn't be the case.

I often find el plastico to be quite a good match...the wayne bridge game a few years ago was quality for one. Bit harder to get worked up for this though considering the gap but it's still 2nd v 3rd

Chelsea look tired. Playing Thursday nite never helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Rekop dog wrote: »

A testament to Ferguson's greatness that these two are battling for second place behind United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

American commentator just said chicharito scored in Utd's 2-0 win over QPR and also called Hazard French lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

iMuse wrote: »
    American commentator just said chicharito scored in Utd's 2-0 win over QPR and also called Hazard French lol

I had to switch stream there from that one...couldnt listen to that eejit any longer. Back to Martin Tyler..

Brilliant save...

City far brighter. This could get rapidly ugly...

• Advertisement

City all over chelsea here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

City well on top so far

Cahill is immense so far.

Only for Aguero making the wrong decision there, it should be 1-0. 18 minutes in, and City look by far the more dangerous and more likely to score. Hazard, Ba and Mata haven't got a sniff so far... :(

A testament to Ferguson's greatness that these two are battling for second place behind United.

Money just can't buy Ferguson's hunger to continue winning trophies.

Chelsea can't get into the game at all so far

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

monkey9 wrote: »

Money just can't buy Ferguson's hunger to continue winning trophies.

This is a thread for the city v Chelsea game, can we please have less of the man love for ferguson. Thanks

• Advertisement

Haha go way with that ****e frank

This is a thread for the city v Chelsea game, can we please have less of the man love for ferguson. Thanks

That's what's being discussed.

Blatter wrote: »
    Small bit on Yaya Toure anytime @ 4/1 considering it looks like he'll be given plenty of freedom to bomb forward.

With rodwell and garcia laying hes playing very high today, could be onto a winner there! Although with rodwell giving away frees the whole time he might be hooked and yaya drop deeper then

Its a match thread equivalent to a Mexican wave. Have to do something when there's nothing going on in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

City will win by looks of it with couple to spare

• Advertisement

This game needs a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City will win by looks of it with couple to spare

Nope City will continue to dominate then lose one nil to Lampard's 200th from the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Chelsea set plays have been horrible, failed to beat the first man in any on them (apart from Lampard's shot from the half way line!) :(

Chelsea's delivery from corners/free-kicks has been abysmal. Hazard's free kick was purely woeful.

Chelsea haven't had an attempt yet, compared to Man City who've had at least 6, with about 3 on target. Depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Zabaleta better be careful.

Clear pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nope City will continue to dominate then lose one nil to Lampard's 200th from the spot.

Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Joe lost the plot there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement