Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Boots: Help Needed

• 23-02-2013 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Does anywhere know any shops around Dublin that still do the proper football boots?

My mouldies ripped on me last night and need a new pair for tomorrow.

Looking for the Adidas Predators moulded blades version. Usually about 150-180.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

SantryRed wrote: »
    Does anywhere know any shops around Dublin that still do the proper football boots?

Thanks.

Did you try Elvery's in the Omni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yep, no luck.

Will just soldier on with the ripped ones for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Haven't lived in Dublin in a long time but there was a place on Cathedral St (I think) called SportSmith. They were a proper sports shop. Think its beside Brannigans/Goalpost pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Online is your best bet.

JJB or whatever newcastle lad calls it nowadays do great deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

SantryRed wrote: »

Thanks.
    They have them in Elvery's Dundrum if you're still looking. Reduced from €190 to €165.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what brands or whatever are suitable for wide/flat feet. Can never find a pair wide enough without going 2-3 sides too big which unsurprisingly isn't a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think I remember being told Adidas are a wider fit. I have flat feet too and I can never wear anything but Adidas boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Does anyone know what brands or whatever are suitable for wide/flat feet. Can never find a pair wide enough without going 2-3 sides too big which unsurprisingly isn't a great idea.

Definitely Copa Mundials if you're looking for mouldies. The studded World Cups are too narrow for me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Mizuno boots are quite wide I think.

Advertisement