Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on a return

Options
  • 23-02-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like your opinion on something. I used to have a Casio watch that I lost. It was digital and had a blue backlight. Last week I ordered the same watch through a retailer on Amazon. When it arrived I opened it and while setting the time I noticed it had an orange back light, kind of feminine. Now while in the specs it did not stipulate what colour backlight was in the watch only that thre was a backlight. Also the image used on the amazon page had a blue backlight as does another sight I looked up too.
    Would I be right in looking for a refund as I was expecting a different colour backlight as what I got was different to the advertised image?

Cheers

frAg

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

An orange backlight is not neccesarily 'feminine' and I think its a petty reason to bother with a return. You should be within your rights to return it as it is not as described and you probably have a cooling off period too, which covers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I don't see it as petty as its not as described/advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd say you have a fair case for a return. You bought it based on the photo, and they didn't say anywhere else on the site that it was an orange backlight

• Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

frag420 wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like your opinion on something. I used to have a Casio watch that I lost. It was digital and had a blue backlight. Last week I ordered the same watch through a retailer on Amazon. When it arrived I opened it and while setting the time I noticed it had an orange back light, kind of feminine. Now while in the specs it did not stipulate what colour backlight was in the watch only that thre was a backlight. Also the image used on the amazon page had a blue backlight as does another sight I looked up too.
    Would I be right in looking for a refund as I was expecting a different colour backlight as what I got was different to the advertised image?

Cheers

frAg

Can you change the back light colour? Seems odd that the pics have blue and you got orange, check the user manual or the Casio site.

There's a 7 day cooling off period for all distance sales in the EU so you can just post it back for a full refund. Only thing is you may need to send it registered to make sure you get your refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

As its was bought via amazon they have a great returns policy. I was able to print out a postage doc for returning it with postage paid. Regarding the seven days, is that from delivery or order?

The backlight colour cannot be changed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,997 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

frag420 wrote: »
    As its was bought via amazon they have a great returns policy. I was able to print out a postage doc for returning it with postage paid. Regarding the seven days, is that from delivery or order?

The backlight colour cannot be changed!!

This seven-day “cooling off” period begins on the day when you receive your purchase.

Advertisement