Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry PlayBook not charging!

• 23-02-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Ok battery went completely dead on my PlayBook. It now won't charge up from dead. I am not using original charger as it broke a while back so using a micro usb charger from my phone. When I plug in I can use the tablet but won't charge up from 0% so only using when plugged in at the moment.

Can anyone give help to sort this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Tried sucking the connector in case theirs dust (dont get it wet though!)? Can you try another charger to rule out the charger? Where did you get the device and how old is it?

For streaming you could try this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/how-stream-video-music-more-your-mac-pc-your-playbook-607481/

I have not tried it. I have used splashtop to stream netflix from my PC to my playbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

chris85 wrote: »
    Ok battery went completely dead on my PlayBook. It now won't charge up from dead. I am not using original charger as it broke a while back so using a micro usb charger from my phone. When I plug in I can use the tablet but won't charge up from 0% so only using when plugged in at the moment.

Can anyone give help to sort this issue?

The PlayBook needs more power then a phone charger puts out. Most phone chargers only put out .75Amps, while the PlayBook requires 2Amps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

jossul1179 wrote: »
    The PlayBook needs more power then a phone charger puts out. Most phone chargers only put out .75Amps, while the PlayBook requires 2Amps.

Ok so the phone charger has done ok charging it so far but I presume since its dead that the phone charge doesnt have the output to reach the required initial power to get the battery charging.

The phone chargers will charge but it'll tale substantially longer then the included charger or the rapid chargers (desktop style ones).

Presumably if you're charging with the weak charger and using the device at the same time then the charge and usage levels equal so there's no net gain in power/charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

cookie1977 wrote: »
    The phone chargers will charge but it'll tale substantially longer then the included charger or the rapid chargers (desktop style ones).

Presumably if you're charging with the weak charger and using the device at the same time then the charge and usage levels equal so there's no net gain in power/charge.

Even without using the tablet and using the phone charger it wont get above 0% at all.

It could be as you said too low at 0% to start charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

chris85 wrote: »
    Even without using the tablet and using the phone charger it wont get above 0% at all.

Check the charger, If it's below 2amps it will not provide enough power to give the PlayBook a proper charge. This is why you get a 2Amp charge with it.
    Check your phone charger, it will be written on it the out put. Blackberry phone chargers are 750ma, which is .75Amps and not enough output.

Advertisement