Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment from UK to Irish BOI account

Options
  • 23-02-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi 
    I have a BOI acc and am starting a new job in UK . Is it possible to get my salary paid in to my current account here in Ireland ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Technically, of course, probably turn up next day.

Your employer might say no, as it may be more expensive to EFT to the ROI or may not be compatible with their automatic BACs payment systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi El Nino09.

Thanks for posting.

You would need to ask your new employer if they can pay your salary into your BOI account. As smcgiff mentions, if transferring from a sterling account, it would be an international transfer so your employer would need to be okay with this.

You could also open a sterling account through our Belfast branch and have your salary paid into that account.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement