Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My collection .17hmr .204 .223

Options
  • 23-02-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I recently was lucky enough to get a licence for a .204 to complete my collection so i thought i post a few pics for those interested.

F7C01C56-3087-45B0-A7CE-8AB70E7C05BF-1228-0000006A95F47DE8_zps2a8f3f0e.jpg

Above the hmr in front ,tikka 223 in the middle and 204 in the back.

Below is the cz 455 in a boyds evolution stock.6-18x50 Bushnell banner scope,sak mod and 6-19 tilt bi-pod.Great little gun this will shoot between .5 inch to .75 inch groups at 100 yards.

66A509FF-CC52-43E4-A8D1-86305BD3E3BD-1228-0000006AA197A904_zps2757d2e4.jpg

Below you can see my main fox gun.It is a tikka t3 lite in 223 with a zeiss victory 6-24x56 t* fl scope with illuminated red dot.It has a wildcat predator 8 mod and a 9-13 inch bipod. This has accounted for over 200 foxs since last july.It is a really fantastic light gun for going over ditches and under fences due to the short barrell so it is a pleasure to use at night under the lamp.It will shoot .5 inch groups at 100 yards out of the box with no tweaks.
    Below you see the scope which is a great piece of kit.It has a custom engraved target turret from zeiss especially for the ballistics i gave them for the 53 grain superformace.This means that you can rangefind your target and then the just select 100metres,200 metres etc without having to check drop charts and dial in clicks.

05F380C7-03B4-4DB4-82F5-6D9F391AE0F6-1228-0000006AA7C6F172_zpsf6c4faca.jpg

Finally below you can see my latest recruit.This is a custom 204 built on a remington 700 action and has a boyds varmint thumbhole stock in sky blue.It has a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x56 scope with npr2 reticle.this also has a harris 9-13 inch bipod and a t8 mod.I only have this gun a week but it will mainly be used for long range grey crows and magpyies and rabbits over the summer.I have shot a few groups today and have dipped under the .5 inch at 100 yards but i hope to get a little tighter when i have a few more boxes of ammo under my belt.I took a nice fox with it during the week and the damage from the 39 grain vmax is savage .

2F95CCA5-279E-4BCB-B3CE-50F8EE09FD0B-25980-00000CD8A3D7DA4A_zpse34354b1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Very nice well wear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

The hmr stock is a lovely design, the sweep at the cheek piece looks very well Gearoid

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

lb1981 wrote: »
    The hmr stock is a lovely design, the sweep at the cheek piece looks very well Gearoid

yeah buddy of mine put a 22 ruger in one about 6 months ago and I loved it so I ordered one straight away when they introduced them for the 455 about a month ago.customs caught it though so that was another €30 on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gtx

very nice collection well wear..

where did u get the boyds evolution stock from?

can the be got for a savage 200..

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Nice collection.
    Your 204 is identical to mine. What barrel and twist rate is it ?
    I also have a couple of zeiss scopes with custom target turrets and they work great. My 6-24 scope is the older model and the other is a conquest and I got my turrets from www.kentonindustries.com
    They also make them for nightforce and others.

• Advertisement

zeissman wrote: »
    Nice collection.
    Your 204 is identical to mine. What barrel and twist rate is it ?
    I also have a couple of zeiss scopes with custom target turrets and they work great. My 6-24 scope is the older model and the other is a conquest and I got my turrets from www.kentonindustries.com
    They also make them for nightforce and others.

Yeah loved your 204 so kinda copied it abit.barrell is 1 in 12 I believe 26 inch heavy profile .shoots the 39 and 40s beautifully.can u pm me a few groups if u have the at 100 and 200 so I know what I should be aiming for ?

The zeiss is a great varminting scope.tried Kenton for a turret cap at the time but they couldn't make one as the scope has 1cm /100m clicks.i got zeiss in Germany to make one @ €50 it was good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

gearoidol wrote: »
    Yeah loved your 204 so kinda copied it abit.barrell is 1 in 12 I believe 26 inch heavy profile .shoots the 39 and 40s beautifully.can u pm me a few groups if u have the at 100 and 200 so I know what I should be aiming for ?

The zeiss is a great varminting scope.tried Kenton for a turret cap at the time but they couldn't make one as the scope has 1cm /100m clicks.i got zeiss in Germany to make one @ €50 it was good value.
    The turret was cheap. My scope has the 5mm /100m clicks so kenton make them. I still dont know how to send pics but my best 5 shot groups are around 0.3in at 100 and 0.5in at 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

Don't mean to high jack but where do you or Zeissman live and would it be possbile to get a look or more info on how it works I have the basic idea of it but are they bang on as they say !

TriggerPL wrote: »
    Don't mean to high jack but where do you or Zeissman live and would it be possbile to get a look or more info on how it works I have the basic idea of it but are they bang on as they say !

i live in west cork.Yes they are absolutely bang on down to the nearset 1/3 of an moa.Your welcome anytime to see how they work if your ever down my direction

i live in west cork.Yes they are absolutely bang on down to the nearset 1/3 of an moa.Your welcome anytime to see how they work if your ever down my direction

West cork bit far for me , is the turret marked , and you just zero your rifle then , rotate , are they number ? Are the rotations same as if ya had to do it normally ?

• Advertisement

TriggerPL wrote: »
    West cork bit far for me , is the turret marked , and you just zero your rifle then , rotate , are they number ? Are the rotations same as if ya had to do it normally ?

Basically after calculating the ballistics for the round zeiss engrave the turret in metres/yards rather than moa.So with normal turrets they are usually 1/4 moa clicks at 100yards for example.Where as with the zeiss system instead of moa they are in metres. so 1 = 100 metre zero 2 = 200 metre zero and so on and the dots in the middle are 125,150,175,225 etc

Basically after calculating the ballistics for the round zeiss engrave the turret in metres/yards rather than moa.So with normal turrets they are usually 1/4 moa clicks at 100yards for example.Where as with the zeiss system instead of moa they are in metres. so 1 = 100 metre zero 2 = 200 metre zero and so on and the dots in the middle are 125,150,175,225 etc

How far out is yours geared for ? Sounds like the way to go

Advertisement