Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age group criteria for Juniors?

Options
  • 23-02-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I was wondering if I am still a Junior. I was 19 on the 5th of February 2013. Could someone explain the age criteria for a junior.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Ceepo

robbiep94 wrote: »
    I was wondering if I am still a Junior. I was 19 on the 5th of February 2013. Could someone explain the age criteria for a junior.

http://www.triathlon.org/uploads/docs/itusport_competition_rules_20120215.pdf
    From the ITU rules,

Athletes aged 16 to 19 years old are eligible to compete in the Junior category.
    Athletes aged 18 to 23 years old are eligible to compete in the U23 category

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭robbiep94

Thanks for the reply but still i'm not sure if i'm a junior or a senior. From your interpretation of the rules do you believe i'm a junior?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Ceepo

robbiep94 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but still i'm not sure if i'm a junior or a senior. From your interpretation of the rules do you believe i'm a junior?
    Yes. As you were 19 this year you are still a junior, if you were 20 anytime this year before Dec 31, you would move up a cat, to 20/24

Advertisement