Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to the sea

• 23-02-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

Annoyed by chlorine and buoyed by sunny spells, I went back to the sea for three of my four sessions this week, swimming three times along the beach at Killiney.

Is anyone else swimming, rather than dipping, in the sea around south Dublin presently that wouldn't mind a wetsuit-wearing hanger-on?
    Or is there a regular group at the likes of the 40ft that wouldn't dismiss me for my neoprene?

Can pay handsomely in oaty, homemade treats and/or malted beverages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Of course there is, good few of the Glenalbyn,Dublin and Templeogue masters are out there at 40ft every Sat/Sun at 12pm. I know a few from ILDSA are there at 11am.

Couple I swim with normal go around the three buoys and into the harbour at the 40ft. They won't be wearing wetsuits and its pretty much get in do the swim and out as quick as possible especially at this time of year. I was out there last weekend and we only went around one buoy and in because it was cold enough. Your more than welcome to join them out there, they won't bite.

But I suppose you will have a wetsuit you will be able to stay in for longer! Tis up to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ocisorrenta

Thanks very much for the info Mad_M. Never swum at the 40ft and will try to give it a go at high noon next Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

I'm living on the med in andalusia at the moment and I've taken a dip in the sea a few times during winter. The weather is better than Ireland's summer, the sea feels like it's warmer but the locals look at you like you're mad when you speak to them about sea swimming at this time of the year. They say it's too cold. Doesn't stop me though:cool:

...and you don't need a wetsuit either:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Is there some issue in rocking up to the 40 ft with a wetsuit on?
    Flippers and goggles are prob no go either i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Is there some issue in rocking up to the 40 ft with a wetsuit on?
    Flippers and goggles are prob no go either i suppose.

None at all...Go for it flipper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Sorry for stealing this thread, but the generic question area is the same.
    One store is having sale of wetsuits this week, and there is €99.00 Zoot Flash wetsuit on offer.
    I bet this would be better than my more expensive surfing wetsuit, but I still do hope to change my body shape till summer. All and all, is it decent wetsuit to buy?

Advertisement