Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social classes in Dublin Opinions

Options
  • 23-02-2013 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Lets say that there are 4 Socio-Economic classes in the greater Dublin area.

A)Upper class - Politicians, CEO's, Sports, Music and Media Celebrities, Investors and Business owners.

B)Upper Middle Class - Professors, Doctors, Surgeons, GP's, Education Management, Office Management, Lawyer, etc.

C)Lower Middle Class - Primary Teachers, Manual workers (builders, carpenters), Lower-paid 9-5 Office Workers, etc.

D)Lower (I hesitate to use the term Working) Class - On the Dole, Underemployed, Homeless, living off state benefits etc.

This involves a lot of generalizations; please take your time to answer because I just want to hear your honest opinions.

I'd like to know what peoples opinions are on what areas of Dublin you associate with each class (e.g D8 or Kilmainham), what apart from income divides the classes, what schools you associate with each class, and what income you have to earn to be considered as part of each class.

e.g I would say Upper Middle clas would be D2, 6, 6W, 8, maybe parts of 14.
    Would send their kids to schools such as Sandford Park, The High School, St Marys, Muckross, etc.
    Would have a family income of 75,000k/y plus.
    Cheers for what you think, lads

Comments

Advertisement