Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote viewing via satellite

Options
  • 23-02-2013 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

If this thread already exists apologies in advance. I am thinking about installing a cctv system with remote viewing. My concern is I live in the country and have internet access via three satellite as it was my only option because there was no recption for the usb stick device. will my internet connection be fast enough to view the images/ videos ?. I was on speedtest.net and these are the results I was getting. Ping 802ms, download speed 1.85mbps, upload speed 0.24mbps. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A normal analogue system would manage on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭slim223

KoolKid wrote: »
    A normal analogue system would manage on that.
    Thanks for that. I thought my up load speed would be too slow send the footage to my iPhone etc when I'm away

I was on to three to see if they could upgrade my dish, to increase my upload speed, and they told me the remote viewing will not work as you need a static IP address to log in. They said the IP address is constantly changing with the satellite system. Is there anyway around this?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A lot of newer DVR handle this for you. If not you can use http://dyn.com/dns/ or similar.

KoolKid wrote: »
    A lot of newer DVR handle this for you. If not you can use http://dyn.com/dns/ or similar.
    Fitted my cctv system last week. The tech support logged into my system today to set up the remote viewing. They said it wouldn't work as three's satellite is like a private network. They also said they tried the above. Is there any other options for the remote viewing

• Advertisement
Advertisement