Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some questions about ERASMUS, please help

Options
  • 23-02-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,
    next year Im going to erasmus exchange and i would very much like to study at NUIM. But before i decide where Im going, I have some questions, so if anyone is so kind and could help me to answer them. :confused:
    I would like to know if exchange students have classes together with students from Maynooth?
    Are the lectures in english?
    Are there a lot of exchange students?
    How about the prices, is it expensive to be a student there? For example how much the lunch in college restaurant costs?
    Please please someone help me, I would be very grateful, because I dont have a lot of time to choose :)

Neja
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Hey, before I answer some of your questions have you checked out NUI Maynooth International Office's website http://international.nuim.ie/. You should find a lot of information on that.
    I would like to know if exchange students have classes together with students from Maynooth?
    Yeah they mostly do, but I think there are some modules/courses that are for International students only. I study Politics and a lot of International students are in my classes.
    Are the lectures in english?
    Yeah they nearly are, apart from some of the language subjects.
    Are there a lot of exchange students?
    I think there are few hundred international students but a few of them are here studying permanently rather than here on exchange. There is an International Student Society on Campus that organises trips around Ireland and culture nights about Ireland.
    How about the prices, is it expensive to be a student there? For example how much the lunch in college restaurant costs?
    I do not live on Campus or in the town so am not sure how much accommodation costs. Hopefully someone else can help you with this.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your choice, I hope you pick NUIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 malinica

Thank you very much kiwi_knock :) yes ive seen the website of the International Office and there is a lot of information, but still some things i couldnt find there
    thank you again and if there anyone with more or other info that could help, please do :)
    i am law student, is anyone from the department of law?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

malinica wrote: »
    Thank you very much kiwi_knock :) yes ive seen the website of the International Office and there is a lot of information, but still some things i couldnt find there
    thank you again and if there anyone with more or other info that could help, please do :)

Myself and Kiwi are both law student in NUIM. I don't know if there have been any Erasmus students in the law dept yet. Only international postgrads.

I'm happy to answer any qs about law though! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

malinica wrote: »

I am currently a 2nd year Law student and I can assure you that there are good few Erasmus in my Law modules :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Paczini wrote: »

I am currently a 2nd year Law student and I can assure you that there are good few Erasmus in my Law modules :)

This year must be the first year! I think there was only one, if that, in any of my 3rd year classes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

This year must be the first year! I think there was only one, if that, in any of my 3rd year classes

There are at least 5-6 erasmus students in some of my 2nd year modules

Advertisement