Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I would like to appeal this infraction on the golf forum

Options
  • 23-02-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like to appeal the infraction I received for my reply in this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056887610

My reply appears to have been deleted but would will find here in the PM's with the mod in question.
    GreeBo wrote:
    Your post was a direct response to your previous *warning* in the off topic thread.
    I have no further comment to make on this.

Should you wish to pursue the matter further, your next step is to start a thread in the dispute resolution forum.

GreeBo.
    redzerdrog wrote:
    GreeBo wrote:
    Dear redzerdrog,

You have been infracted for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

GreeBo

Moderator Note

As per the charter, please dont discuss moderators decisions on thread.

Your post:
    redzerdrog wrote: »

so its ok go off topic in a golf thread but you cant talk golf in the off topic

cool i have it now

Hi,
    I would like to appeal this infraction, I did not mention a moderator's decision and I was only pointing out an observation that it was ok to go off topic in a golf thread as you had done so in your reply to me.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that I will review this DRP. This may take a day or two, as we are volunteers, so your patience will be appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I have reviewed the thread in question that pertained to this red card infraction you are now appealing. It had been issued for discussing moderation in-thread, which is not permitted in Golf or most forums within boards.ie, so do not do this again or there may be additional infractions and bans issued in the future.

Because this red card occurred only a minute apart from the issuance of the greater 1-week ban, upon reflection both mod GreeBo and I have agreed that it would be appropriate to reverse/remove the red card, it being redundant with the greater ban.

Furthermore, the earlier yellow card and 1-week ban (not contested here by you) were fully justified, and consistent with charter. They will not be reversed.

This would be a good time for you to review your posting record on boards, especially in the Sports Category (Soccer and Golf). Currently on boards you have 10 yellow card warnings, 2 red card infractions (after this red is reversed), and 5 bans, for a total of 17 actions by 6 different mods. This is not acceptable posting behavior in the Sports Catetory or boards.ie, and if it continues, there may be additional infractions and bans issued, up to and including a possible permanban from the Sports Category.

I will request that the Admin reverse the red card appealed here, which may take a few days, given they are busy volunteers with outside commitments. Your patience will be appreciated. If for some reason it has not been reversed within 2 weeks, please PM me.

Given that this dispute resolution only pertained to the one red card, and it is being reversed, I will also request that this DRP be closed as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement