Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget Foundation for Oily Skin

• 23-02-2013 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap foundation for me that will suit oily skin with acne and scarring?

I'm using an Estee Lauder Double Wear sample in Bone, and I really like it but my budget won't stretch that far when the sample runs out. I use Benefit The Porefessional primer (which is also running out :() and I generally use my foundation as a concealer, applying it with a brush after my base. I then use Catrice/Essence powder.

I've used Revlon Colorstay before, and while I'm not against going back to it, it did tend to feel quite 'wet' on my skin.

So it'd be great if someone could recommend a cheaper version of ELDW :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I was going to say the colorstay. But have you tried vichy dermablend. It's about €20 & it has a new formula. Full coverage. Might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Thanks so much, I might give the Vichy a try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I use No.7 "Stay perfect", it's about €18. I have very oily skin, so anything that doesn't just slide off my face after an hour is a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I second Vichy. It's a really nice foundation, full cover but doesnt look caked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Thanks ladies, off to Boots with me on payday to check out Vichy and No 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

I am using Revlon Photoready at the mo. Really like it. I find it simlar in texture to the YSL TE foundation version. Needs to go on with a brush though.

If you are looking for a cheap cheap option, max factor pan sticks aren't bad, they just need to be blended well with a brush.

Also, used to use the benefit playsticks, really liked the coverage but they run out very quickly.

Advertisement