Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats or dogs shelter to volunteer for?

Options
  • 23-02-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone :) I recently moved to Cork and had to leave my pets for the moment (but I'm bringing them asap).

I really miss them and I thought that I could help in some shelter doing something good and enjoying myself too.
    Either cats or dogs are ok to me, but I prefer cats just because I know them better (experience and some raw behavioral skills).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

dogwalking in CSPCA Mahon is allowed again, they have all the infos on their homepage!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Armaiti

Thanks, I'll have a look then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

This charity are often looking for people to help out, they do a lot of good work for the feral cat communities around the county

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityCatsNetwork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Armaiti wrote: »
    Hi everyone :) I recently moved to Cork and had to leave my pets for the moment (but I'm bringing them asap).

I really miss them and I thought that I could help in some shelter doing something good and enjoying myself too.
    Either cats or dogs are ok to me, but I prefer cats just because I know them better (experience and some raw behavioral skills).

Thanks in advance!
    Glansillagh shelter in glanmire welcome volunteers too for dog walking. If you're in a position to keep animals in your current accommodation then you should try fostering. Munster lost and found always looking for volunteers to look after dogs/cats even for a night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you fancy looking after dogs shorterm, Cork Dog Action Welfare Group (D.A.W.G.) are always looking for fosterers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Armaiti

Thanks everyone, reading all the volunteering conditions I found out I should refresh my tetanus vaccine :D (I think that's only a precaution, but in Italy they never asked me about the vaccine when I was volunteering for stray cats).

Unfortunately I couldn't host any pets in my house, at the moment we are waiting to ask the landlord to bring our own pets. Long story short the agent told us to wait until he could get to know us, but no one told us that one of the house condition was "no pets allowed" until we signed the contract.
    If we'll be able to convince the landlord (the option obviously is to look for a pets allowed place), I wouldn't put at risk my cats' health (FeLV-) hosting untested cats. I'd love to do it, but it's way to risky and I'd rather prefer to make a donation to the shelter.

Thanks again anyway ^_^ I hope they could find a way to use my help!

Advertisement