Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of advice

• 23-02-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Just now one of my dogs (rescue but we think she's 6ish) was sitting with her front left paw up as though she had hurt it, but no whimpering or anything. She sat like that for a minute, then started walking around slightly wobbly. Then she lifted up her back right leg and was kicking out with it off the ground for a minute. Then the left front, then the other back one. Then she walked around wobbling again.

She seemed completely unaware that anything was going on, and when I examined her, stretching out her legs etc there was no pain or resistance. As soon as it started I remembered that she had done the same about a month ago, with just one leg. This is totally out of character and I will be bringing her to the vet first thing on Monday, but the first thing that came to my mind was that it could be something neurological and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Very worried:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Could she have stood in something that she didn't like? was there anything spilled anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

No, nothing, that's what I thought the first time - but there's nothing on the floor, and she hasn't been outside for a few hours. Also the wobbly walking is hard to explain, but nearly like she's walking sideways whilst moving forward. and when she jumped up onto the sofa it was very awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Sorry, can't help, but please let us know what the vet says on Monday, I hope that its nothing major

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Thanks, will do

Advertisement