Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I switch to Three Ireland?

Options
  • 23-02-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

I am 22 next march so have to switch from 48 go conquer to a new network.
    I live in limerick and was shopping around and saw that 3 had the best deal for 20 euro.
    I want to know are they a reliable network to join? i was with vodafone before i joined 48 but they cant offer anything new as good as value as 3 but they have great coverage.

Is the coverage good on 3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

declan0872 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am 22 next march so have to switch from 48 go conquer to a new network.
    I live in limerick and was shopping around and saw that 3 had the best deal for 20 euro.
    I want to know are they a reliable network to join? i was with vodafone before i joined 48 but they cant offer anything new as good as value as 3 but they have great coverage.

Is the coverage good on 3?

3 is just a terrible network, and the coverage is only really good within Dublin, Cork City and other city centres.

You'd be better of with either Vodafone or O2, maybe meteor if you're desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

You know you don't have to move from 48 just because your 22?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If you've got your own mobile (unlocked) Tesco Mobile and EMobile both offer almost unlimited calls and texts and 15GB of data for about 35/month with a 30 day contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Solair wrote: »
    If you've got your own mobile (unlocked) Tesco Mobile and EMobile both offer almost unlimited calls and texts and 15GB of data for about 35/month with a 30 day contract!

link for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Woody_FX wrote: »
    link for this?

eMobile - select SIM only

Tesco Mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 declan0872

optimus1 wrote: »
    You know you don't have to move from 48 just because your 22?
    r u sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Tell em your 18 again. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 declan0872

Tell em your 18 again. Be grand.

i wanna keep my old number though :/

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Dintam

That whole 48 thing is just marketing bullshít, you didnt even have to give them your real date of birth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

I know a couple in their forties who moved over to it along with their teenage son. Nobody has rumbled yet, the chancers ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

stay away from 3,horrible data speeds,rubbish call quality and customer service is the other side of the world.joke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sonics2k wrote: »
    3 is just a terrible network, and the coverage is only really good within Dublin, Cork City and other city centres.

You'd be better of with either Vodafone or O2, maybe meteor if you're desperate.

Funny that, I'm currently sitting in a pub in west Clare with full H+ coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm the same. I always thought that the coverage was beyond rubbish, but I have noticed that in the last month it has jumped up to be a great signal for me on the outskirts of Dublin, and up on higher land where I live. There are no signals in the area, and I am not in a direct line of sight, really.

I say it time and time again, OK- their customer care is not like other networks, but they'll get the stuff done.
    Have an issue? Head to the store. They can fix everything and set things up. They now port in-store, so you know the process has gone through properly. Other problems? Go onto Boards.ie, Twitter, or just call them. 24/7 customer care (albeit scripted), but it works.

Think of the saving you are getting. Proper internet, free 4G when it arrives, and the best value. Just go for it.
    Feel free to PM me for questions, if you have them.

/Customer of Three since the start (from the highs and lows), and also customer of Vodafone, Meteor and 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smacca

I moved to Three (from Meteor) last October and I regret it sincerely. I would advise you to look at any other company than Three. Above all, I would advise you not to sign a contract with them; just take a Three prepaid sim and use it in your current phone -- that way you can quit them at a moment's notice. Three are the Ryanair of the mobile world; they entice customers with low prices, but once they get you signed up they do not give a flying fig about you, no matter what problems you encounter. You will never be able to reach a technical person at Three. The best you will be able to get will be someone in a faraway call centre who does not speak very good English and who is reading every answer from a script. You have been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mikeingalway

I am on three for three years and travel the country - it's the best network I have ever been with bar the Customer Service Centre being based in India :-)

Advertisement