Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome Downloading

Options
  • 24-02-2013 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find the downloading on Chrome very poorly designed?

Whenever a connection is lost the whole download cancels. Incredibly frustrating when a download has been going a while, nearly finished and that happens.

Surprised that they haven't implemented a feature that just saves the progress if a connection is lost like a download manager.

Do other browsers handle this issue better? I mainly use Chrome so amen't familiar with their download feature as much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

I am surprised anyone uses Chrome.......real buggy with flash.....i had loads of problems with it....moved to firefox..and all is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Its the most irritating thing about Chrome. On many occasions I have closed the browser without thinking and lost the download I was in the middle of. It'd be great if they took a leaf out of Firefox's book and opened the download in a new window. Still use Chrome a fair bit though, its speedier than Firefox for web browsing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

RodgersLFC wrote: »
    It'd be great if they took a leaf out of Firefox's book and opened the download in a new window.

Instead, Mozilla took a leaf out of Chrome's book and introduced the new panel-based download manager, which only displays two downloads. A joke. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Torqay wrote: »
    Instead, Mozilla took a leaf out of Chrome's book and introduced the new panel-based download manager, which only displays two downloads. A joke. ;)

On the other hand Firefox has a great download manager extension called Downthemall. I don't know if anyone has managed to come up with a decent one for Chrome yet.

Not really, no. Download Master is as close as it gets to DownThemAll.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I cannot stand the way Chrome starts downloads automatically, I'm one of those impatient ones who doesn't wait the few seconds always clicks "Restart The download" on the download page and down comes the file twice :(

Nick

Nick: Are we going to start this download?

Chrome: Soon, young padawan. Very soon.

Nick: That doesn't explain anything.

Chrome: Patience, padawan. Patience.

Nick: That makes no sense.

Chrome: It will soon. Have patience.

Nick: Really?

Chrome: Yes. I assure you this.

Advertisement