Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Factory work in the UK

Options
  • 24-02-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

hey guys! Just wondering if anyone can give me the low down on what factory work is like in the UK? My boyfriend and I are toying with the idea of moving over, I'm self-employed but the OH has spent his whole life working in factories, so would be looking for the same over there. He has it pretty cushy here, good wages, good healthcare, great discounts and freebies and a handy 3 day week working as an operative for Apple Computers, so just wondering could you expect the same there? I had a look around and the wages for the handful of factory jobs I found seem to start at 7 euro an hour :eek: He's on more than double that here and the rent isn't any cheaper there! I hope that's not typical!? Any insight would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Factory work in cold conditions with shifts used to be close to £10 per hour but not any more. You would do well to get much more that minimum wage (£6.19)... or worse just a temporary agency contract.

Advertisement