Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low flying helicopter 23rd @ 4am

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

snubbleste wrote: »
    There it is again. Appeared to approach from the west before doing a loop over the hospital and landing from the North.

Yep, because the wind is from the south so the helicopter is landing into the wind.

As for bringing healthy pregnant women into the hospital, I would not count that as a medical emergency as there is a doctor and qualified midwife on the island, or at least the last I heard there was. If, however, complications have arisen then that could well count as a medical emergency. The helicopters are not used to transfer all patients from the islands to hospital. The Aran Islands lifeboat transfer a lot of patients to Rossaveal from road transfer to hospital. In fact a large proportion of lifeboat services from Aran are hospital runs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

churchview wrote: »
    I agree with you completely Mrs. O'B. I just didn't see any point in engaging further with the other individual. I was referring to if complications or an emergency arise during the pregnancy.
    No no no my friend. What you said was:
    churchview wrote: »
    As to islanders who have the cheek to live somewhere without access to emergency maternity care if a complication should arise during a delivery...let's make them take hookers or currachs to Galway in case anyone's precious solitude is disturbed.
    If you can show me anywhere on this thread where anybody said they shouldn't have access to emergency services, please be my guest. Or were you just strawmanning because you weren't really capable of countering the facts and opinions presented?
    I'm in for a long wait, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

Reading this all I can say is Dan Solo you must lead a very sad life indeed and God help any pregnant woman requiring urgent medical attention who lives on an Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok it seems people can't discuss the issues at hand so we'll just stop now.
    Stupid bickering closed this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement