Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do????

Options
  • 24-02-2013 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

In a bit of a dilemma regarding jobs. About 10 months ago I was let go from my previous employment apparently due to performance. My job was based in Dublin & I worked for them for almost 4 years. My recruitment agency(based in the UK) said it was the "Instruction of the client". I think it was other reasons as there were 1 or 2 issues going on at the time regarding 2 other co-workers that were being unfavourable towards me and were not resolved but that is another story. There were 2 different clients/companies at the time I was working for but don't know which one instructed for me to go. I asked which one but was never told. No warnings were giving to me, it all happened suddenly. I was a new manager for about 2 months when I left, before that I was a normal administrator for 3.5yrs.

Recently I came to the idea of moving to the UK once I secured a job there. Today I came across an administrator position in the UK (similar to my old job) that I had great experience for but it was from the same recruitment agency. I really want to apply for it. I think I left on good terms with the agency, I was a little abrupt with them but that was due to being let go which I think is understandable. By rights I should avoid them like the plague for the lack of resolving HR issues but times are tough and I need a job. This job would kinda be ideal for me.

Should I apply and send my old recruiter an email, asking if I could be considered for the job? The worst he can say is no as I think it may be for one of the companies I worked previously. Good chance he could say it is ok as it is another branch in a different country. As far as I know they do not have a problem with people relocating for the job.

Thanks for any advice and sorry for the rambling ;)

Advertisement