Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 157 : THE WIMMINS *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hasn't Dana set a precedent for this before, promising the winner a shot, but was a crap fight so he rescinded the offer

Think you're right, and wasn't it when Machida won too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

leggo wrote: »
    Think you're right, and wasn't it when Machida won too?

i know it happened, just can't remember what the fight was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Is Ronda the most dangerous fighter in the UFC? this will be her 5th pro fight and she has already snapped two arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

el dude wrote: »
    I have no response to your dumb ignorant comment.

My comment that nothing happened in the fight? Did you watch the fight?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Is Ronda the most dangerous fighter in the UFC? this will be her 5th pro fight and she has already snapped two arms.

i don't think she's snapped the arms, she just won by arm bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm nearly planking it here :)

i don't think she's snapped the arms, she just won by arm bar

I'm thinking of her fights with Julia Budd and Tate.

Wow I didn't realise Rousey is so much bigger.

Pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

rousey is a minx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Buttonftw wrote: »
    Pity.
    That was great fight

Quality fight.

Fantastic :D

Carmouche looked great too, would love to see her against Marlos Coenen.

Really great fight, didn't think i'd enjoy it as much as i did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Pretty much shat myself when that choke/neck crank went on .. it came sooo close to going to a second round as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That was her 7th pro fight.
    Don't think she's snapped any arms. I think Budd and Tate were dislocated though.

Mellor wrote: »
    T
    Don't think she's snapped any arms. I think Budd and Tate were dislocated though.

Is there a difference?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

She's a hell of a fighter, plenty would have tapped to that neck/face crank.

Great technique too, staying with Carmouche through her attempts to roll out.

Anyone else reckon the UFC manufactured that top of Rousey's deliberately lower cut than usual? :D

How ironic that so many people bitched that the Rousey-Carmouche fight was the main event while Hendo and Machida were co-main?

Hendo-Machida was a stinker and the girls put on a stormer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

The main event was brilliant. Hopefully we see Cyborg vs Rousey in the not so distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

****ing Koscheck

Capture_116.jpg

Is there a difference?.

A difference between a broken bone and a dislocated joint?
    I'd have thought the difference was obvious. I'm sure the latter could be just as serious if properly mangled

Robdoo wrote: »
    ****ing Koscheck

Capture_116.jpg

I got ya beat for bad accy luck: I had (in reverse order) Rousey in the 1st, Faber, West Brom, Man Utd (-1), Arsenal and Italy (+14). Italy lost by 17.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

DrPhilG wrote: »

Hendo-Machida was a stinker and the girls put on a stormer.

What Machida picking Hendo apart while taking nothing but a few leg kicks?

Quality performance by Lyoto, hard to believe it went to a split decision.

Then again this is the UFC - it's not hard to believe at all.

A difference between a broken bone and a dislocated joint?
    I'd have thought the difference was obvious. I'm sure the latter could be just as serious if properly mangled

Read what I quoted from you before arguing black is white;

A snapped limb is snapped regardless if its a fracture or a dislocation.

Thought Machida Hendo was fight of the night.

Machida landed some amazeballs kicks and a great trip but since I'm a fan of his I was always on edge cause of the H-Bomb.
    Lyoto actually hit Hendo with a Randy Couture jumping crane kick in the 3rd round and it's onyl because Hendo has a granite chin that everyone isn't saying Machida is a ****ing God. He fought exactly like he did against Bader/Randy/Tito/Rashad when everyone was singing his praises.

Great technical battle. Annoying the crowd was booing after.
    These droolers are never satisfied unless someone gets sparked tbh.

I had thought her fights against Tweet and Gomes were still amateur, anyhow great fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Aside from the disappointing co-main and Schaub-Johnson (both had great potential), it was a great card. The main event was exactly what women's MMA needed.

I laughed when Buffer was announcing the winner of Robertson-Jardine and nobody knew what to call it: "after a tapout due to a... submission!"

welkin wrote: »

Machida landed some amazeballs kicks and a great trip but since I'm a fan of his I was always on edge cause of the H-Bomb.
    Lyoto actually hit Hendo with a Randy Couture jumping crane kick in the 3rd round and it's onyl because Hendo has a granite chin that everyone isn't saying Machida is a ****ing God. He fought exactly like he did against Bader/Randy/Tito/Rashad when everyone was singing his praises.

Great technical battle. Annoying the crowd was booing after.
    These droolers are never satisfied unless someone gets sparked tbh.

Wow, nowhere near fight of the night, Watch Bermudez/Grice then try and say the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

It's not usual you get three submission of the night contenders but Robertson's was just fantastic. Very innovative. The guy is actually a full time teacher aswell. Was also very impressed with Faber's transitions to get the choke. I predict Menjivar will be cut

It's gonna be a long time until Hendo gets a potential title shot again. He refused to be drawn into Machida counter striking game á la Ryan Bader was and when he went to move in close Machida refused to keep that close distance preferring to stay on the outside. This obviously didn't make for enthralling viewing but you have to respect two high level MMA fighters sticking to their gameplans.

Great win for Robbie Lawler. Some were saying it was a premature stoppage but I feel it was just. Koscheck seemed out for a time and he would have just taken another few hits before it being stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭alanrebelsw

Agree completely..also can't take anyone who says 'amazeballs' seriously...

Robdoo wrote: »
    ****ing Koscheck

Capture_116.jpg

CMLm0dV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Anyone think this whole Dana white cutting farce is like that episode of the Simpsons when Homer was the football coach of the Springfield junior high (or something like that)

"you're cut. you're cut. you're cut. Everyone else is fine. Except for you Jon Fitch you're cut"

Agree completely..also can't take anyone who says 'amazeballs' seriously...

True, maybe he's a 15 year old girl...

I don't doubt that Machida was effective and put on a technical display, but he spend large parts of the fight backing up, not engaging and throwing very few shots.

The very few strikes he threw were extremely accurate, doesn't mean it was an exciting fight. I agree it was clearly Machidas fight though, madness to score it for Hendo.

It was the kind of jab and move performance that people have long slated Bisping for.

I had thought her fights against Tweet and Gomes were still amateur, anyhow great fight.
    She had 2 amateur fights that were also first minute armbars, not against those two. They used to be listed on her record on Wikipedia.

Read what I quoted from you before arguing black is white;

A snapped limb is snapped regardless if its a fracture or a dislocation.
    I'd see snapped as being synonymous with a broken bone only. I thought that was clear from my first post. I would have assumed most viewed it like that tbh. If you see it differently, that's up to you.

Very impressive from Rousey, I think surviving that crank will elevate her in the eyes of her detractors. Even though its was still a 1st round armbar win, her odds were clearly too short. Prob going to be the case for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wow, thank God for the girls eh?

Great fight, although the ladies always put on a great show!

Good card all in all. Some really cracking fights!

I'd see snapped as being synonymous with a broken bone only. I thought that was clear from my first post. I would have assumed most viewed it like that tbh. If you see it differently, that's up to you.

She snapped her sh1t up all the way to Snap city.

• Advertisement

Apparently it wasn't broken, just really badly dislocated and generally f*cked up

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/03/17/miesha-tate-avoids-surgery-to-repair-injured-arm/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Apparently it wasn't broken, just really badly dislocated and generally f*cked up

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/03/17/miesha-tate-avoids-surgery-to-repair-injured-arm/
    She was back fighting again five months later, pretty impressive!

By snapped I meant damaged/fuucked.

rain on wrote: »
    She was back fighting again five months later, pretty impressive!

Especially when you consider that Ronda had her arm dislocated twice in that fight.

welkin wrote: »

1232443_o.gif

Loved this stat on Sherdog, really summed up Urijah Faber's unfortunate career development prospects right now (and also his immense talent):

6-0: Urijah Faber’s record in non-title bouts since 2009. That ledger includes wins over Jens Pulver, Raphael Assuncao, Takeya Mizugaki, Eddie Wineland, Brian Bowles and Ivan Menjivar. “The California Kid” is 0-4 in championship contests over that same timeframe.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    Loved this stat on Sherdog, really summed up Urijah Faber's unfortunate career development prospects right now (and also his immense talent):

6-0: Urijah Faber’s record in non-title bouts since 2009. That ledger includes wins over Jens Pulver, Raphael Assuncao, Takeya Mizugaki, Eddie Wineland, Brian Bowles and Ivan Menjivar. “The California Kid” is 0-4 in championship contests over that same timeframe.

Faber has Gatekeeper written all over him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Faber has Gatekeeper written all over him
    I dont think so if he never lets anyone through the gate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I reckon we see Cruz/Baroa if/when Cruz returns to fighting. But he lost afew close decisions and has looked fantastic in his non title bouts. I see him getting another shot at the winner of the title fight and, whatever happens, a 3rd bout with Cruz down the line. That switch from the crucifix to the back with the body triangle was just so good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Ray Mond wrote: »
    Schaub is a piece of craP boring as **** would live him to fight a top heavyweight so he could get his head taken off
    Hate to see comments like this.

Miss the days when a proper discussion was had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think Hendos last few opponents have masked some deficiencies in him as he's gotten older.

Shogun was sort of tailor made for him. Forward moving, plodding, slow and past it himself. Against quick and tactical LHWs Hendo will have this sort of trouble.

Hendo Rashad next maybe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement