Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop CS6 help fixing this issue

Options
  • 24-02-2013 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I've just started using CS6 as a video editor.

I have this problem that I can't figure out:

I want to add both photos and videos. When I add a photo, it's not scaled to the correct size of the video file. So for example, it's zoomed into way to much.

I don't know how I can fix this, but it means I can't add photos at the moment as I have to go and scale/resize each photo manually to fit the video size.

Anyone know what I'm talking about :D? And also how I can fix the problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

You could batch resize your images before you start. That way they will be the correct size when you open them. File – scripts – image processor. You just tell Photoshop what images you want, what size you want them and where to save them and Photoshop will do the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It seems odd you can't resize, I would have thought it would work the same way as anything else in photoshop.

Just a heads up too. Some video doesn't use square pixels, the pixel is actually slightly wider (1.4 or something) which would look squashed horizontally in photoshop unless you turn on the aspect ratio switch.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I want to add both photos and videos. When I add a photo, it's not scaled to the correct size of the video file. So for example, it's zoomed into way to much.

I don't know how I can fix this, but it means I can't add photos at the moment as I have to go and scale/resize each photo manually to fit the video size.

Anyone know what I'm talking about :D? And also how I can fix the problem?

Thanks.

Full HD is only about two million pixels. Your camera is likely a hell of a lot more. So you're going to either have to resize your images before or resize them in the video layer. One option is to use File>Place to create a smart object. This automatically resizes the image to your canvas for each image and since it's a smart object it doesn't matter how you scale it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Anyone know what I'm talking about ? And also how I can fix the problem?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've replied to your other thread in photography.
    please don't create multiple threads on the same topic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement