Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best luxuery Easter Egg

Options
  • 24-02-2013 2:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions to what Easter Egg I should treat myself to? I've only ever had a bog standard, thin hollow egg from Cadbury or Nestle.

I want a thick, rich, massive expensive egg!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Does anyone have any suggestions to what Easter Egg I should treat myself to? I've only ever had a bog standard, thin hollow egg from Cadbury or Nestle.

I want a thick, rich, massive expensive egg!

The Green and Blacks eggs look amazing! There's one with about 6 mini bars of green and blacks (different flavours) that looks so good - I think it's about 20e in Dunnes :-O might be worth it though ;-D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The ferrero rocher one used to have the nuts in the wall of the egg which was nice if you like ferrero rocher that is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

leahyl wrote: »
    The Green and Blacks eggs look amazing! There's one with about 6 mini bars of green and blacks (different flavours) that looks so good - I think it's about 20e in Dunnes :-O might be worth it though ;-D

On that topic I saw a Green and Black egg with a high cocoa content - good for the sugar - challenged such as myself !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ballinskellig chocolate factory in Kerry do the most amazing chocolate I've ever tasted.

This is proper handmade artisan stuff and not "high street" quality chocolate.

They used to do some brilliant eggs....chocolate with honeycomb inside.

Try goggle to see what comes up.

http://www.skelligschocolate.com/acatalog/1_Kilo_Easter_Eggs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Get yourself into Marks & Spencers they have some seriously good eggs

Last year I was given a caramel and macadamia nut egg which was absolutely tremendous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

This.

/thread

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This.

/thread

:eek::eek:

Faith wrote: »
    :eek::eek:
    I've eaten a whole one by myself before :o

It was a couple of years ago and it was even bigger then, too :o:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

£70 though! That's crazy expensive.

But it sounds out of this world!

£70 though! That's crazy expensive.

I went in the day after Easter and all things Easter related were 50% off. Yes, still stupidly expensive of course.
    But it sounds out of this world!

It was. But then Hotel Chocolat is my favourite chocolate, bar none. Truly amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

This.

/thread

That is definitely the ultimate Easter egg.....*drools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I got a gift of a fantastic Easter Egg hamper a few years ago, I think it was Caffreys actually, which you might not normally think of.
    It had a large main milk egg (when melted made ~67 rice krispie buns!), probably about a foot tall or so. It had then two smaller eggs (one white, one dark), a milk chocolate hen, a box of chocolates and I can't recall if there was something else as well.
    But twas really nice, and a pretty darn large/luxury set!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It was. But then Hotel Chocolat is my favourite chocolate, bar none. Truly amazing.
    I love Hotel Chocolat too. I got an advent calendar from there and even though of was a bit too expensive it was so worth it.

I love Hotel Chocolat too.

There's one literally right beside me office. Not good. (Yet great :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Where is this Hotel Chocolate you speak of?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I miss the big Cadbury eggs from a few years ago. They were bog standard Cadbury chocolate and sweeties but they were a fine size and I think doubled up. Only did them for a couple years, can't understand why they stopped.

Perhaps it's just me, but the standard eggs seem to get smaller by the year. They'll end up creme egg size.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lilyrose22

The lindor Easter eggs are pretty amazing... Them lindor little red chocolate eggs are frickin amazing!!!

Swampy wrote: »
    Where is this Hotel Chocolat you speak of?
    All over the UK, and a couple of stores in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

What about a cream egg
    A big one full of the cream like the smaller ones
    Where can I get one of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

What about a cream egg
    A big one full of the cream like the smaller ones
    Where can I get one of them?

Here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

star-pants wrote: »
    Here :pac:

OMG that's amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

mfceiling wrote: »
    Ballinskellig chocolate factory in Kerry do the most amazing chocolate I've ever tasted.

This is proper handmade artisan stuff and not "high street" quality chocolate.

Amazing, indeed. But didn't the factory burn down some 3-4 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Amazing, indeed. But didn't the factory burn down some 3-4 years ago?

Open again - bigger and better!!

Advertisement