Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband in Kildare / Monasterevin?

• 24-02-2013 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Heyo.

okay so does anyone know if you can get it there? i live there, and dont want to sign up unless i can get it there. specifically the monasterevin area.

please enlighten. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If you can get Eircom,Vodafone or other DSL providers then you'll get Sky Broadband.Speeds of course are dependant on factors such as distance from an exchange etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

KingSleuth wrote: »
    Heyo.

okay so does anyone know if you can get it there? i live there, and dont want to sign up unless i can get it there. specifically the monasterevin area.

please enlighten. thanks

Sure if you can get eircom you can get sky...it's simply resold eircom bitstream.

The Monasterevin exchange is an 8Mb/s exchange so the max you can get from the exchange is an upto 8Mb/s service

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yes im on sky bb 8 mb.
    Up on till two days ago myself and another friend also on sky 8mb were slowing down to 2 mb from 7:30 - 11:00 pm every night without fail.
    Obviously the profile set on the exchange was to throttle users at these hours, however after much complaining its been a solid 8mb since.
    The funny thing is sky bb went down here for 12+ hours on wednesday evening and sky couldnt do a thing to help, sia dmy line was fine their end.
    I saw an eircom van outside the exchange @ 9 am and @ about midday the bb came back up and since then its been a solid 8mb, when i sasked sky did eircom do some work on the exchange they didnt have a clue.
    I would advise against getting sky right now to be honest as Monasterevin is due NGB this year, after years of my asking and a week after i sign up to sky they make plans for NGB here.
    If you sigh for sky now you will have 12 months contract and wont be able to get NGB until your contract expires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Dcully wrote: »
    im on sky bb 8 mb.
    Up on till two days ago myself and another friend also on sky 8mb were slowing down to 2 mb from 7:30 - 11:00 pm every night without fail.
    Obviously the profile set on the exchange was to throttle users at these hours, however after much complaining its been a solid 8mb since.
    The funny thing is sky bb went down here for 12+ hours on wednesday evening and sky couldnt do a thing to help, sia dmy line was fine their end.
    I saw an eircom van outside the exchange @ 9 am and @ about midday the bb came back up and since then its been a solid 8mb, when i sasked sky did eircom do some work on the exchange they didnt have a clue.
    I would advise against getting sky right now to be honest as Monasterevin is due NGB this year, after years of my asking and a week after i sign up to sky they make plans for NGB here.
    If you sigh for sky now you will have 12 months contract and wont be able to get NGB until your contract expires.

Define NGB?

The sooner I get away from Vodafone the better, it's terrible white.

Advertisement