Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDE grade...

• 24-02-2013 3:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hey, I was wondering, in terms of job opportunities, how important is the grade an applicant has gotten for their PDE? Is getting a 1.1 that much of an advantage over people that got, say, 67% or so?

Also, is there any weight of importance given to the grade gotten on Teaching Practice rather than the overall grade? How important is the grade of their original degree?

Basically, what are the most important aspects of a CV a principal takes into consideration? I realise most people aren't principals, but if you have any insight...

Regards,
    A stressed student

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Experience, the right subjects and registered with the TC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

What the driver said though I will say my TP grade and PGDE grade has been commented on by all interview panels so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭drvantramp

IMO
    in order of importance for interview

1. TP grade
    2. PDE grade
    3. Degree grade

Best of luck and go all out for your grades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I think good experience will outweigh grades but the problem will be getting that experience without good grades.

All my results have been commented on at every interview, even LC at one stage. TP grade seems particularly important. At the end of the day there is no other way to shortlist NQTs and unfortunately at the moment competition is fierce to even get an interview.

Even though I know it is not the true mark of a good teacher, I would do all in my power to get the best grades possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Thanks for the responses. Appreciate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement