Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese PS3. Yay or Nay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Will do. I'll wait for the response first. Damn. I really wanted that PS3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got a jap ps2 years ago....all worked well apart from the fact it only worked in black and white.....

It's because your TV was crapand you could have fixed it by using a RGB scart cable if the TV supported RGB.

My final question to the seller asked how long they had owned it. Check this out for a ridiculous response:

"Irrelevant question, it states used a handful of times, it can be a hundred years old in this respect. I have owned it since launch, i am the original buyer"

I then replied stating that all I had done was ask a few simple questions. Questions that any prospective buyer would have the right to ask. I finished it off by telling them they were absolutely terrible at selling.

The final response I got:

"Go away then, i am not forcing you to bid. You are just full of apprehensive questions that a seller would be wary of selling to. Have a good day, best you shop at game"

The clear signs of a scam artist being caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

FYI, a Japanese PS3 has the use of X and Circle reversed. So on the PS3 menus etc you need to press circle to go forward and X to go back irrelevant of where the joystick originated from. (May have noticed this while playing Konami/Square Enix games)
    This can lead to problems in some non Japanese games where X is needed to proceed but the PS3 keeps interpreting it as a Circle (Red Dead Redemption had this prob of the top of my head).

Also PS3's seem to have power converters built in so no need for additional outside AC converters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

shuffles03 wrote: »
    My final question to the seller asked how long they had owned it. Check this out for a ridiculous response:

"Irrelevant question, it states used a handful of times, it can be a hundred years old in this respect. I have owned it since launch, i am the original buyer"

I then replied stating that all I had done was ask a few simple questions. Questions that any prospective buyer would have the right to ask. I finished it off by telling them they were absolutely terrible at selling.

The final response I got:

"Go away then, i am not forcing you to bid. You are just full of apprehensive questions that a seller would be wary of selling to. Have a good day, best you shop at game"

The clear signs of a scam artist being caught out.

Absolute chancer.
    The bids are sitting at £10.50 now, but guess what has changed..............
    Postage is now £50, i have to take out insurance in case of damage, only just thought of that.

• Advertisement

Now the listing is gone altogether. I'd say enough people cracked onto what the seller was up to.

Where you have suckers you will always have scum.

Fair play on dodging this shuffles03. :)

The seller just randomly sent me this message:

seen the forum board, item 251235607024 - real deal son, better luck next time.

Ah trash talk. You gotta love it.

Sounds like a "bloke" talking.......... real Danny " I shit my cacks" Dyer stuff.
    I thought this was supposed to be a "lady".

Yeah I know. Just adds to the fact how much of a scam this really was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Fair play to you. Better luck next time in finding a ps3. Try local lol.

Damn, I wish the seller wasn't such a con artist. I really want that PS3

He or she ACTUALLY put this in their description:

"Relisted due to some ebayers (they know who they are) spreading lies about this product and it is fake. Well look at that, they are not, picture proves autheticity, the real deal."

Talk about driving every possible buyer away! What an idiot. Sounds like a child.

Most of the people viewing the console won't know the previous listing even existed. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

It's funny how the seller wouldn't accept the legitimate questions that I asked. I mean, what the hell is wrong with "How old is it?", "Is it in good condition", "Are the pictures real as they have been found elsewhere on a 2008 forum?"

Damn, I wish the seller wasn't such a con artist. I really want that PS3

Go for it. ;)

Sitting on £3.64 currently, with a whopping £50 P&P.

Full of inaccuracies in the listing as well.
    At one point it says... [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Features
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Country Region[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/FONT]

I'd never bid on it, don't worry. Postage is ridiculous as well as nearly everything else in the listing. I love the mention I got in his listing though. Priceless.

I'd never bid on it, don't worry. Postage is ridiculous as well as nearly everything else in the listing. I love the mention I got in his listing though. Priceless.

Up to 4.04 now.
    You did bid on it, ya scut. :pac:

Think that one was you :p For the laugh, ask the seller the same questions I asked yesterday. Enquire about the postage costs

Think that one was you :p For the laugh, ask the seller the same questions I asked yesterday. Enquire about the postage costs

He is reading this thread now though, isn't he?
    Remember the message he sent you about boards.

I think he's talking about the 2008 forum post that had the picture in it.

• Advertisement

Look at us. We're like a pair of meddling school girls ha! :pac:

I think he's talking about the 2008 forum post that had the picture in it.

Ah, this thread is 2056888351, so you're probably right.
    It's just when I read... Relisted due to some ebayers (they know who they are) spreading lies about this product, I thought he may have googled his ad.

Grab your pitchfork

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

89.5% feedback?? lol I'm not surprised. I buy a lot of crap on ebay and that actually the worst score I've seen.

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    89.5% feedback?? lol I'm not surprised. I buy a lot of crap on ebay and that actually the worst score I've seen.

Sellers previous account was crannycow2010

Some choice bits of negative feedback on it.

Saller wanted to cancel transaction, I didn't agree & I've never received item!

and
    seller refused sell item

Both from users with 100% Positive Feedback.
    Are we seeing a pattern yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

mikom wrote: »
    Are we seeing a pattern yet?

Yeah, the bloke is an absolute chancer.

Doesn't deserve to have a MGS PS3 in his possession.

PS3 crisis averted. My g/f's brother is giving back my Phat 40GB PS3 tonight. So......I went and bought this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/290858874211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2987wt_1399

PS3 crisis averted. My g/f's brother is giving back my Phat 40GB PS3 tonight. So......I went and bought this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/290858874211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2987wt_1399

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Think this thread has run its course.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement