Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up an Xtra-Vision account?

Options
  • 24-02-2013 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Might seem relatively straight forward but previously (on the very odd occasion that I would rent a dvd I used my dad's account - that he never used) and there was always a big hullabaloo at the counter over clarifying dates of birth and address and previous rentals and on and on, so if I go in today and want to set up one in my own what to I need to bring with me?

Do I need proof of ID or address or anything...can't see anything on the website about it..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think just proof of address. Bring a passport/drivers license, just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

This post has been deleted.

Excellent. That's what I thought thanks and should I be able to rent as soon as the account is set up..they don't have to wait for clearance or anything like that?

No, you'll be able to rent immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Damn just remembered both my passport and provisional licenses have expired! Would my garda age card along with a bill be ok? The age card has my photo on it...

• Advertisement

If it has your name too, then it should be OK. They just need official photo ID to put a name to the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

How about phoning your local store and asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They're closing branches all over the place (Blackrock a recent casualty) so I'd imagine they're not too selective about what you need to open an account, they might just check your pulse and accept you once they find a heartbeat ;)

Netflix and other on-demand services are killing them.

Advertisement