Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal Money Order

Options
  • 24-02-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Afternoon all, I'm selling my car and the buyer has said he can pay with a postal money order. I've told him I'd want to get the serial number from him first and check with An Post it's legit, similar to what you'd do with a bank draft, can I do the same with a postal order????

Second qs I have - can I cash the PO as the post office or do I have to lodge it directly to my bank account at the bank??

btw, he said he can pay half postal order & half cash but worried about dodgy notes but he seems very genuine, I met him at his place of work and he told me I could check his credentials thru a particular company he dealt with.

thanking you!
    C

Comments

Advertisement