Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile - HTC One

Options
  • 24-02-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering do you have any plans to stock the HTC One when it is released on March 15th?

Cheers

Joseph

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Joseph wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was wondering do you have any plans to stock the HTC One when it is released on March 15th?

Cheers

Joseph
    Hi Joseph,

Yes eMobile will be stocking the new HTC One phone on our network. We currently do not have a release date for when the phone will be made available.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Sorry to activate an old thread, but dont buy HTC one here is my story,

Bought HTC one paid over €300 and signed up to new contract the €35 all you can use.  Within a few days was not happy with battery life brought it back to store told we can't recreate the problem. So used phone about 5 weeks later phone dies completely its a expensive brick. So I bring phone into store on the 11th June, told 7 to 10 days I say fine. Get a text (no info other than your recent repair) on the 18th June saying we have sent to outside repair further 7 to 10 days. Another text on 19th saying pretty much the same. 

I called into store to say I was not happy. The assistant was not very good I would be halfway into a question and she should cut across me. I was then told by her that it could take upto 28 days from the 18th. So I said what happens if it goes past that was told it won't ( I'm not holding my breath). 

Got a further text on 24th saying still in repair.

So crap phone terrible service from emobile a supposed premium model phone goes down in 5 weeks they now have it in repair over 2 weeks and a possible 3 weeks more. I'm not happy with this service it's not as if I got the phone free. This is my third phone with emobile third contract, I'm so jumping ship sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭El Gato

Sale of Goods and supply of services act comes to mind. (Repair/Replace/Refund - YOUR choice)

Had a similar experience with Vodafone and they said there was 'no way' they would replace the phone or allow me out of the contract. Small Claims Court sorted it out (in my favour) ;)

Don't worry it's heading that way, I personally think over two weeks for a repair is out there, but I'm giving them a chance the service in their store is awful. I would not mind within a week of buying I offered them more money to get iPhone and they wanted none of it would have sorted it and happy customer.

infosys wrote: »
    Sorry to activate an old thread, but dont buy HTC one here is my story,

Bought HTC one paid over €300 and signed up to new contract the €35 all you can use.  Within a few days was not happy with battery life brought it back to store told we can't recreate the problem. So used phone about 5 weeks later phone dies completely its a expensive brick. So I bring phone into store on the 11th June, told 7 to 10 days I say fine. Get a text (no info other than your recent repair) on the 18th June saying we have sent to outside repair further 7 to 10 days. Another text on 19th saying pretty much the same. 

I called into store to say I was not happy. The assistant was not very good I would be halfway into a question and she should cut across me. I was then told by her that it could take upto 28 days from the 18th. So I said what happens if it goes past that was told it won't ( I'm not holding my breath). 

Got a further text on 24th saying still in repair.

So crap phone terrible service from emobile a supposed premium model phone goes down in 5 weeks they now have it in repair over 2 weeks and a possible 3 weeks more. I'm not happy with this service it's not as if I got the phone free. This is my third phone with emobile third contract, I'm so jumping ship sooner rather than later.
    Hi infosys,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your handset. Could you PM your mobile number PIN and the store that you sent the phone away for repair and if possible the IMEI of your phone I will get this looked into for you.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Update, spoke to assistant manager in store last week I agreed to let it sit till today. Went into (25 days after dropping phone in) they could not tell me when it will be back, remember the phone has now spent almost as much time away than with me a phone that cost me €319.00. No apology no lets see what we can do SFA. I said fine I will issue proceedings on Tuesday 4 weeks after I dropped it in. Contacted Comreg thèy registered complaint and said wait for it that emobile have 10 working days to reply. So I have had enough as far as I feel emobile have broken the contract so will issue proceedings on Tuesday in either small claims or DC the office is only across the road. To be honest I am shocked that not one of the 5 members of staff of emobile I have spoken too has apologized to me they all repeat the mantra "it's the rules" well bye bye emobile no wonder the parent company is in trouble ye are rubbish.

infosys wrote: »
    Update, spoke to assistant manager in store last week I agreed to let it sit till today. Went into (25 days after dropping phone in) they could not tell me when it will be back, remember the phone has now spent almost as much time away than with me a phone that cost me €319.00. No apology no lets see what we can do SFA. I said fine I will issue proceedings on Tuesday 4 weeks after I dropped it in. Contacted Comreg thèy registered complaint and said wait for it that emobile have 10 working days to reply. So I have had enough as far as I feel emobile have broken the contract so will issue proceedings on Tuesday in either small claims or DC the office is only across the road. To be honest I am shocked that not one of the 5 members of staff of emobile I have spoken too has apologized to me they all repeat the mantra "it's the rules" well bye bye emobile no wonder the parent company is in trouble ye are rubbish.
    Hi infosys,

If you could PM your mobile number PIN and the IMEI of your phone I will get this investigated for you. Also could you advise what store sent your phone away for repair.

Grainne

Advertisement