Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biker bars in Dublin?.

• 24-02-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I have some family coming over to visit this summer, two of who are bikers (from the USA). They have asked me about biker and/or rock bars in Dublin.

They're only visiting the capital for a few days before heading over to the UK.

I've only really seen one bar in Dublin with some bikes outside, on the south quays. So I'd appreciate any info, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Maikkomi is the man to ask about biker bars lad....I am sure he will be along when he sees this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Hi I understand not the city centre but what about Johnny Fox's or the Blue Light up in Glencullen area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I have some family coming over to visit this summer, two of who are bikers (from the USA). They have asked me about biker and/or rock bars in Dublin.

I've only really seen one bar in Dublin with some bikes outside, on the south quays. So I'd appreciate any info, thanks.

As said Blue Light, or if it's a nice Sunday and they just want to see bikes there's always Laragh

For rock you can try downstairs in Bruxelles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Gypsy Rose Rock and Blues bar on the quays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Haven't been to any in a while. But Strawberry Hall out by Chapelizod, Man o War near Skerries are 2. Shanks Mare is a popular meeting point, and the one I used to go to which was small, but always has a steady flow of bikers coming and going on a saturday or sunday is scut fagans. Would be a great pub to bring american friends to
    http://goo.gl/maps/uHakm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fr Dougal wrote: »
    Gypsy Rose Rock and Blues bar on the quays

Heard the bouncers there are pricks :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Depends on exactly what scene the OP's visitors want.

If I'm out for a Sunday spin there's the every popular Strawberry Hall or the Man O War out by Balbriggan.

If I want to sit in the company of bikers, rockers and tattoo'ists any night of the week and get chatting about either I'd say The Gypsy Rose on Aston Quay, there are usually a few bikes parked up on the path across the road.

There's even an old Triumph screwed to the wall.

The Dice Bar on Queen street might be another option.

If the OP's friends are back patch members well then some pubs might have back patch rules, depending where the OP is going of course.

Either way I don't know of a bar which won't be biker friendly and very welcoming of visitors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 43 BJJ_Expert

Cienciano wrote: »
    Haven't been to any in a while. But Strawberry Hall out by Chapelizod, Man o War near Skerries are 2. Shanks Mare is a popular meeting point, and the one I used to go to which was small, but always has a steady flow of bikers coming and going on a saturday or sunday is scut fagans. Would be a great pub to bring american friends to
    http://goo.gl/maps/uHakm[/QUOTE
    Gypsy Rose is easily the best, has music also. With drink drive rules these days drinking a few pints and heading home is dodgy to say the least. Strawberry Hall, the Summit in Howth etc may have been bikers watering holes in the past, but not these days, maybe you might see one or two dropping by for a coke and that's about it. God bless the days of Barnstormers 20 years ago :)

Have you the exact date they are coming ? Should be plenty of biker rallies going on if it's the summer time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I've no info on Dublin - but if they're going to London they should visit the Ace Cafe

Cienciano wrote: »
    Heard the bouncers there are pricks :pac:
    Drop down and say it to them some time :). Juan Screeching Spark would love to practise some of his Judo throws and submissions I'm sure :D
    If the OP's friends are back patch members well then some pubs might have back patch rules, depending where the OP is going of course.
    Does the Gypsy have any back patch rules ? Seen a Hells Angel there one night, thought it a bit ununsual, it's mostly the DD. BTW, anyone know where the Angels usually hang out ?

• Advertisement

I've no info on Dublin - but if they're going to London they should visit the Ace Cafe
    If they are in the six counties Joey's Bar in Ballymoney is worth a visit http://www.joeydunlop.co.uk/joeys_bar.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

BJJ_Expert wrote: »
    God bless the days of Barnstormers 20 years ago :)

AKA Midnight spares. If you blinked a side panel went walkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Drop down and say it to them some time :). Makikomi would love to practise some of his Judo throws and submissions I'm sure :D

BJJ is banned, oh well.. Seemed like a decent bloke.. But in case you're browsing, the lad knows the craic.

Does the Gypsy have any back patch rules ? Seen a Hells Angel there one night, thought it a bit ununsual, it's mostly the DD. BTW, anyone know where the Angels usually hang out ?

If you don't wear a back patch you'll never have to worry about back patch rules anywhere..

So far as I know all bikers are welcome in the Gypsy :D

Advertisement