Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts? Lucid AD/DA 88192

• 24-02-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

I have been offered this interface. Has anybody got any thoughts on this one. Am thinking it's a step up from my apogee, but the SPDIF is a serious draw back I think.

Is there any user of any lucid systems here? How is the conversion sounding is it coloured?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Am going to take the plunge on this. Connection is made through RME Light bridge adat to firewire or USB pretty in expensive connection . Clock is not so solid so will have to sort a new word clock. Going to change it's op-amps to bring it up to date. As i stands it sounds very close to a mytek.

Great buy for anyone!

Should be an excellent converter when I have it up and running to standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blueNan

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I could recently buy a 88192 for a crazy price (100 €... ) from a closing studio and I was thinking in doing something similar with mine, alongside clocking it with a Red Sparrow.

Which mod did you finally do in your Lucid? Did you achieve good results?

blueNan wrote: »
    Sorry to revive this old thread, but I could recently buy a 88192 for a crazy price (100 €... ) from a closing studio and I was thinking in doing something similar with mine, alongside clocking it with a Red Sparrow.

Which mod did you finally do in your Lucid? Did you achieve good results?

I ended up clocking mine to a Lavry LE3000S. Pulled the converter up a few grades. I felt there was a bit of a cloud sitting over the low mids. The external clocking helped a lot, also helped with its FTB imaging.

The LE3000S is pretty crazy investment. I know Antelope have a decent word clock for under 1k might be worth having it clock to that...

I dont use it so much anymore TBH.

Thank you! Then you did not touch the opamps in the unit?

I read in GS that Jim Williams recommended a few tweaks to make the analog path of the Lucid equal to the Mytek, maybe it is a good idea to update it but I am not sure. But my guess is that the unit sounds good just with a good clock.

The Lavry looks amazing, but out of reach for me. I will clock with the Sparrow, or I will follow your advice and go for a used Antelope Isochrone.

That makes two of us after a used Antelope:pac:

I didnt bother with the upgrades the amount I paid for it was not worth the labour needed. Thats not saying you might not need to upgrade it.

It served its purpose for a while.

• Advertisement

I understand, I do not think I am going for the upgrades also.

Regarding the antelope, if you are looking just for the OCX, there is one right now in audiofanzine France:

fr.audiofanzine.com/boitier-synchro/antelope-audio/Isochrone-OCX/petites-annonces/i.854316.html

Advertisement