Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast on a Wednesday Night?

Options
  • 24-02-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I see there are quite a few threads on the nightlife even on the first page, but I've a specific question.

Myself and some lads are heading up to Belfast (from Dublin) this wednesday to go out on the tear. We're all students. So I was wondering if anyone would have any recommendations as to where to go.

We're just looking for the usual student requirements, cheap, chart music and other students!

We'll be up early enough, so a recommendations for a pub, club, and a take away for after would be nice :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ooh I have no idea about weeknights in Belfast as wasn't a student there myself, but the biggest student haunts of the city are places like the Bot (Botanic Inn), Rain, El Divino, Stiff Kitten, 21 social. The Bot might be your best bet for a weeknight but again, I'm not too sure. They also have a nightclub in the Queen SU which is quite good, dunno what nights the club nights are but if you pop in there and ask, they'll be able to tell you - and you can be rest assured it'll be busy. The Parlour, which is just beside the SU (down a wee street), is a good bar and it also has a dance-floor upstairs open on certain nights.

Good bars for beforehand are Filthy McNastys, Aunty Annies (these two are across the road from each other), McHughs, The Spaniard, Whites Tavern, Duke of York, The Northern Whig.

I'm not too hot on the takeaways, generally we end up stumbling down the Dublin Road where they have a couple of chippies, an all-night Subway, and the Emerald Chinese. For the next morning, you should definitely hit Maggie Mays - there's one on Botanic, and the other is just beside the Bot bar. Really good, hearty, hangover feeds. And always busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

on a Wednesday, The Bot is your best bet. Go into The Eg across the road, it's fairly cheap with offers and does food if you need dinner, then literally across the road into The Bot. Downstairs in The Bot is a bar so you could go there instead even. There's two food places right next door for afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Ain't a fan of the bot, fight broke out beside me once, some guy threw drink over me and i got chucked out against a taxi....... Just me, not the guy throwing the drink, not the 2 sprawling about fighting on the floor. CCTV ofc didnt get the thrown against the taxi.

Only place been ever forcibly been thrown out. Least in beach club were civil and said gotta leave, someone said yo knocked their drink (which would have replaced if did), but nope.

Dunno Wed nights but thought lot head to Lush near Portrush on wed, think thurs least used to big student night in Belfast (Derry tues -.- ). Fly/Globe/Parlour where all around student area's might be worth a shot. Aint been in years like but, maybe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

What you see is what you get with The Bot though, a mixed bag but everyone is here for a good time. it's not exactly highbrow but it's good for a night on the tear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Mick ah

Thanks a million folks for the replies. Very useful.

I'll talk to the lads, but I reckon it'll be the Bot. We're fairly easy on where we go. And if there's any messing, sure we'll just feck off to somewhere else :)

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Taxi's in Belfast are dirt cheap compared to Dublin, if you go somewhere and find you don't like it don't be afraid to hop in a taxi to somewhere else.

Advertisement