Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michu vs Bradford, Capital One Cup Final

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, that's why there was the fuss. De Guzman wanted to do his usual job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Bradford fans still singing at 4 nil down. Best fans in the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ridiculous behaviour from Dyer, why the hell should de Guzman, the designated penalty taker, give up a goal in the final for him? Fair enough if he gave it to him, but to expect him to give it!? Fcuk off tbh.

His celebration for the first goal was very individualistic too. All about him, what a spoilt brat.

BOHtox wrote: »
    Bradford fans still singing at 4 nil down. Best fans in the world!

Really admire them at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

He should have let him take it, especially since the game over already, but Dyer shouldn't have overreacted either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Dyer coming off. LOL

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

hahaha suck on that dyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

think laudrup taking dyer off is showing its about the team today and not any individuals

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

He should have let him take it, especially since the game over already, but Dyer shouldn't have overreacted either.

I totally disagree. Dyer wants all the glory. Selfish person.

Sure since the peno, he is only playing for himself, he ballooned a shot over, when a simple pass was on. All that matters is the team wins, not who scores. If I was the manager or captain, Id give him an ear full

Delighted he got taken off. Going on like a child still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The only reason i'm annoyed at Dyer coming off there is because now my hopes are dashed of Dyer running through on goal, rounding the keeper and rolling the ball towards goal only to see De Guzmann steal in and tap it home just as it gets to the goal line.

That would have been glorious!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Dyer acted like a child , its not all about him today . Its the biggest day in the clubs history and he acts like such a tool . I know he was on for a hat trick but let the designated penalty take hit it . It would have been glorious to see De Guzmann give him the ball and he missed . I really hope Bradford can score a goal .

On another note I think Swansea are the sort of side who could do seriously well in the Europa League next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Come on bradford atleast have a shot on goal

Anyone with money on Swansea scoring the next goal would have wanted Dyer taking it at the time is all I'll say :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Load of hoop being talked on here. Dyer gave his all all game. He wanted to take the peno, when his team had already won the game, so he could be the first player ever to score a hat trick in a league cup final. When Bale was on two goals against Newcastle there and he was shooting from distance no one was calling him spoilt or childish. Give it a rest. Dyer and Laudrup were joking about it when he was being taken off. All in good spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

klose wrote: »
    Come on bradford atleast have a shot on goal

Woo

Bradford fans have been brilliant today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,208 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Bradford fans celebrating winning a corner like they won the cup, fantastic stuff! Oh they got a shot on target too haha.

fair play to the bradford fans!

• Advertisement

Bradford get shot on target.

Some effort!

And now hes on for a hattrick :pac:

Swansea lose five nil one Sunday, win five nil the following Sunday.

Congrats MICHU FC!

What a fantastic rise its been for Swansea.

Hopefully going into Europe next year won't damage them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I makes you think.

Imagine the score if Liverpool were playing Bradford considering the result last Sunday.

I makes you think.

Imagine the score if Liverpool were playing Bradford considering the result last Sunday.

Cause it was the same Swansea team that lost to Liverpool, right? ;)

I makes you think.

That's exactly how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fair play Swansea, lost their philosophical guiding spirit and their 'best player'.....and managed to improve.

And didn't West Brom beat Liverpool 2-0 the other day? Therefore I reckon they could have beaten Bradford 12-0. ;)

• Advertisement

I'd say Cardiff are sick now watching Swansea play Premier League football and winning trophies at Wembley. Hope they get promoted because that will be a brilliant derby like fixture next season. They hate each other.

roanoke wrote: »
    And didn't West Brom beat Liverpool 2-0 the other day? Therefore I reckon they could have beaten Bradford 12-0. ;)

And Arsenal beat West Brom 2-0 so they would beat Bradford 14-0.

some amount of empty seats around where the presentation area is

Other than Dyer's hissyfit, some great professionalism today from the players, and a great show from the Bradford fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Swansea!

I know it's little consolation to Bradford now but it's been a terrific journey for them. They can hold their heads high just beaten by much stronger team.

No shame in that.

601971_497724183618583_1452776325_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dude she is ugly.

Is it even a woman?

One of the first ads was a visit Wales ad.

One of the first ads was a visit Wales ad.

• Advertisement

Dude she is ugly.

Is it even a woman?

Matt Duke beforehand was probably saying "don't worry lads, i'll get sent off just to make sure!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Dude she is ugly.

Is it even a woman?

I would.

Though I'd get up on a pound of mince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Well done Swansea. There's an awful lot to admire about that club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Dude she is ugly.

Is it even a woman?

Machine I reckon.

Gutted for Bradford, but beating Swansea, who are a good team on their day would always be a uphill fight. But they sure did over come the odds to even get this far, that alone is impressive. Well done to both teams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dude she is ugly.

Is it even a woman?

I'm sure you're Brad Pitt yourself :P

Gratz Swansea, hard luck Bradford, a memorable run though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

monkey9 wrote: »
    601971_497724183618583_1452776325_n.jpg

It would be rude not too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Congratulations to the Swans.

Its a pity the game wasnt shown live on the BBC :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who usually takes the penos for Swansea?
    De Guzman, I think.
    shrewdness wrote: »
    De Guzman is the penalty taker,
    Yeah, that's why there was the fuss. De Guzman wanted to do his usual job.
    Blatter wrote: »
    Ridiculous behaviour from Dyer, why the hell should de Guzman, the designated penalty taker, give up a goal in the final for him?

So much bluster when in fact...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/swansea-boss-laudrup-takes-blame-penalty-meltdown-i-forgot-name-taker-3834281
    There was no designated penalty taker. I forgot.

This was our 36th game of the season and it was our first penalty so it is my fault because I didn't say who was going to take it if we got one.

I thought we would go through the whole season without getting one.

- Michael Laudrup

So with that in mind, Dyer was right to be pissed off that De Guzman wanted to take it.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

BOHtox wrote: »
    Load of hoop being talked on here. Dyer gave his all all game. He wanted to take the peno, when his team had already won the game, so he could be the first player ever to score a hat trick in a league cup final. When Bale was on two goals against Newcastle there and he was shooting from distance no one was calling him spoilt or childish. Give it a rest. Dyer and Laudrup were joking about it when he was being taken off. All in good spirit.
    Bollocks to that, its a team game, and everyone gave their all. De Guzman won the penalty and he is usually the penalty taker for Swansea, he had a chance to get a goal in a cup final (which he would have done if he had not been taken down by the Bradford keeper).

Bale is greedy as is Ronaldo, both excellent players. However, if either had acted like Dyer did yesterday people would have called them children. I know I have called Ronaldo a child in the past for his petulance. Dyer shouldn't be treated any differently, and I would doubt I was the only one to cringe when Dyer threw the toys out of the pram yesterday, in a cup final of all times! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

cournioni wrote: »
    Bollocks to that, its a team game, and everyone gave their all. De Guzman won the penalty and he is usually the penalty taker for Swansea, he had a chance to get a goal in a cup final (which he would have done if he had not been taken down by the Bradford keeper).

He usually takes the penalties, yet he only joined Swansea last summer and that's their first penalty this season? Could you explain that one to me??

• Advertisement
Advertisement