Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same food different flavour?

• 24-02-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

My dogs are on Burns chicken & rice, was going to get the fish and rice flavour next just to give them a change, but I wonder are you supposed to switch them over slowly even if it's the same food, just a different flavour, anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    My dogs are on Burns chicken & rice, was going to get the fish and rice flavour next just to give them a change, but I wonder are you supposed to switch them over slowly even if it's the same food, just a different flavour, anyone know?

It says on the Burns website to switch slowly.

www.burnspet.co.uk/myfaq/content/12/20/en/how-do-i-change-between-different-varieties-of-burns.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Tranceypoo wrote: »

I would start mixing a little with their old food and increase the ratio of the new food to old food over two weeks or so. It could be fine to just start them on the new food but I would play it safe and introduce it gradually, just in case of an upset tummy.

Also, if you can, buy a small bag of the new food as I know my dog refuses to eat anything with fish in it and he normally will eat anything. I bought these treats before, fish 4 dogs, and he actually spits them out onto the ground!!!

Advertisement