Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund Issues from Dentist

Options
  • 24-02-2013 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi all,

Last year I bought a groupon voucher to get a crown at My Dental in Dublin. After the initial visit, it was deemed that I needed extra work done. So after a treatment plan and costs were drawn up, I decided to go ahead with the treatment. Part of the treatment was for teeth whitening at a cost of €100.

At the end of all my treatment many months later in September I realised I hadn't had the teeth whitening done and as I had a crown fitted it couldn't be done as the crown would then be a different colour.

Now since September I have regularly phoned and emailed looking for my refund. Now they acknowledge that I'm owed they refund but for some reason, they weren't paying it to me even though they had my card details.

A few weeks ago I contacted them again about and the guy who works on reception said he'd look into it. Of course I heard nothing back so I emailed and phoned again. This time he said that a cheque had been issued to me (but didn't say when). I told him I had received no cheque. Again he said he'd look into it and that a new one would be sent to me.

Over a week passed by and as usual I heard nothing from them and received nothing in the post so I phoned again. I explained that I still hadn't received the refund. I was then greeted with a large "sigh" down the phone and then he said he would have to contact the accounts dept.

At this point I lost the head and told him that I was fed up, this was ridiculous and if it wasn't sorted by the end of the day I would take matters further. Low and behold an hour later I received an email saying my card had been refunded! :rolleyes:

Now so far it's not showing up in my account but I will keep an eye as I know these things can take a few days.

My complaint is this:

Surely is shouldn't take this long (6mths) to get a refund. I'm not sure who exactly is to blame but I can say the guy in reception who I dealt with throughout this process was quite unhelpful and without basic customer service skills or manners. I never even got an apology for the delay and I believe I was lied to about the "cheque".

Is there anywhere I can complain about the way I have been treated and the length of time it took for me to get my money back?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post!

Advertisement