Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please? SHO posts in Oz/NZ

Options
  • 24-02-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I'll be finishing up a busy year as an intern in July. A group of us is planning on heading down to Australia/New Zealand afterwards. I've emailed around recruitment agencies in both countries regarding RMO positions. The Australian ones are basically saying no, we have enough doctors. NZ seems to be easier to get work in.

I was hoping that maybe someone here had a few contacts in particular hospitals/agencies or an idea of where to go from here? Personally I'm going to do USMLE stuff until Oct/Nov and head then but my friends would be looking to start earlier than that. I know the Australian registration process is a nightmare and we should have started it 2 months ago. I feel though that with the shortage of jobs there it may be silly to spend so much going through the registration process. That's making me favour NZ?

Anyway any tips/advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Surprised to hear it's too late for getting registration started! Are people getting registered before they have a concrete job offer? People do still manage to get jobs in Oz, there are less of them as you say. Have you looked outside the big cities/or would you be interested in that?

Don't know much about NZ I'm afraid, but I'd try ringing the hospitals directly to speak to the medical HR staff.

Advertisement