Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbors dog issues in rented house.

Options
  • 24-02-2013 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,I hope this is right place to post this.
    We will moving soon to new,rented house.
    House it self is good,not far from our current house,so we know area very well.

Our new house was empty for few years.
    People who living in neighbors also renting.
    They have a big Husky dog.
    They keep him in back garden,but most of time,they let him play at front garden.
    There is very small fence,what separates our front gardens,so neighbors tie their dog to that fence,and he constantly jump over and spent all his time at our front house doors.
    Of course this will cause huge problems for me and my small child to enter in our new house.Dog lead is very long,so we cant use our other entrance to house either.
    I'm very worried,because some peoples never change their habits, definitively I have to organize this before we move in(after one month).
    Also they own 3 cars,so one of their car also constantly is left in our new parking.Person who do jobs in our new house,cant leave his own car in parking as well.
    Please if somebody will read my story,can you advise me what to do in this situation.Is there any instances,where I can ring and ask for advice?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Have you tried speaking to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

easy1 wrote: »
    Hi,I hope this is right place to post this.
    We will moving soon to new,rented house.
    House it self is good,not far from our current house,so we know area very well.

Hi, first thing I suggest is that you go and introduce yourself to the neighbours, in a completely friendly and non-confrontational way, tell them you'll be moving in in a few weeks. By the way, you're a little bit nervous around dogs, so would they be able to make sure the dog doesn't come into your garden?

The parking is a bit more difficult since you are entitled to the use of your parking space but you don't have a car yourself to "stake your claim", so others will be tempted to grab the "free" space. I have a friend in a similar situation; not sure what to suggest.

If (and only if) this non-confrontational approach doesn't work, I would next approach my own landlord and explain that you can't access the house and parking space because of your neighbour's dog and car.

I hope it all works out for you,

Dara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

Thanks for advice's,we have our own car.
    We already introduced us to our new neighbors in completely friendly manner.
    She spent all day home and never go for walks with dog.Of course she told us,when her dog is very friendly,but when he jumped to my partner,I was scared.He is huge!!!

Advertisement