Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find this dog food

• 24-02-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Moving back to Ireland from Canada where we fed our beagle with Iams ko- as it was the only food which stopped him itching.

Any idea where we might find it in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Vets that stock Iams should be able to get it/have it,, where in Dublin are you moving to?

It's only available from vets which you probably know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

bonkers wrote: »
    Moving back to Ireland from Canada where we fed our beagle with Iams ko- as it was the only food which stopped him itching.

Any idea where we might find it in Dublin?
    The majority of larger veterinary clinics will stock Iams so you shouldn't have too much hassle in finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭bonkers

well despite being told by iams that tesco had it, they tell me now that iams vetinary formula is not stocked in ireland or the uk at all.

any recommendations on other good food for dogs with allergies?
    Dublin3 based

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

well despite being told by iams that tesco had it, they tell me now that iams vetinary formula is not stocked in ireland or the uk at all.

any recommendations on other good food for dogs with allergies?
    Dublin3 based

Taste of the Wild
    Orijen
    Acana

I have tried all 3 as my lab has a allergy to grains or fillers, would get very itchy ears and a buildup of black soot in her ears. When I switched the problem disappeared.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭bonkers

I've tried Totw and acana in Canada, no dice.

Iams KO is kangaroo and it appears that we need to find him a protein that he (a beagle from Kentucky USA) might never have been in contact with, as kangaroo etc.

Are there any options with Kangaroo or other such crazy meats? -

the lengths we go for these dogs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

Arden Grange is good, but if you supplement any good quality food with an omega rich oil such as samlon oil, this should help your dogs itching, i can't recommend salmon oil enough for skin conditions - really got me out of a stressful few months with my dane (not to mention an almost bankrupting course of indefinite meds!!!), his skin has cleared up completely thanks to the salmon oil!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've heard great things about the royal canin skin diet I think it's called sensitivity control or something like that, some dogs that have been on atopica for most of their lives were able to come off it because of it. I've never tried it myself it's just what I heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Have a look at Bozita dry dog food on Zooplus.ie they usually have stuff like elk in theirs, maybe that could be a substitute for the kangaroo. Otherwise I think you'd have to try to find an American or Australian supplier who would ship to Ireland and that could be hugely expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've tried Totw and acana in Canada, no dice.

Iams KO is kangaroo and it appears that we need to find him a protein that he (a beagle from Kentucky USA) might never have been in contact with, as kangaroo etc.

Are there any options with Kangaroo or other such crazy meats? -

the lengths we go for these dogs..

One of the happy dog varieties has ostrich in it - http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/happy_dog/supreme/138735 'Africa' lol! :D

RAW ftw imo - fresh Irish meat! :pac:

Advertisement