Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML

Options
  • 24-02-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi All

Where could I learn, even a course or a one to one, basic codes to create the following:

http://www.nolanassociates.com/Tools

Which I would like to use to create an app.

Regards Oliver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

What exactly do you want to learn? How to create some type of online calculator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GavinFlud

codecademy has free courses teaching HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You'll definitely need to know JavaScript anyway, or you could alternatively learn a server-side language like PHP (which would be more work).

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

PrzemoF wrote: »
    What exactly do you want to learn? How to create some type of online calculator?

Not really. I want to write eventually a program/app for restaurant set-up costing, but I thought that once I understood the structure of an calculator.....:eek:

Thanks Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Thanks Everybody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I echo what GavinFlud said above, you'll need at least a client side scripting language. But if you have no background in HTML, it's hard to jump right in. To break it down

HTML - the web page structure
    CSS - the presentation layer, how the site looks
    JS - the dynamic client-side scripting language, used for things like animation, quick calculations, DOM manipulation (showing/hiding page elements, adding text to pages)

PHP/Ruby/Java/ASP/Python - server side scripting language, used to access databases, perform more complex calculations, connect to services, authentication

Start at the top, learn the HTML, and pick up the other bits as you go along. www.w3schools.com is a great place to start learning. http://teamtreehouse.com/ is also a great online resource, albeit a little expensive for what it is; simple regurgitation of content that is freely available through Google.

Any specific questions or feedback, come back to us ;-)

Advertisement