Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audit Experience

Options
  • 24-02-2013 8:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm going in to tax in one of the Big 4 this September after I finish my undergrad (I'll have CAP 1's exempt).

I was just wondering how, after I finish my training contract, I would go about gaining some experience as an auditor? Is it realistically possible to gain quality experience in a field other than tax once you've done your ACA contract in that field?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Why do you want to be an auditor?
    Many people who train in audit never want to work in that field again once their training contract is over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 wheelybin_1

@ted2767

Thanks a million for your reply.

I'm not sure tbh, I've just heard that tax is a difficult field to get out of once you're in it so I'd just like to know if it is reasonably possible to branch out afterwards.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

It might be a little difficult you will be competing with your peers who 3 1/2 years experience in audit. You may get into the audit in your taxation expertise area.

Don't know do a lot of people move into audit after their training.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Hi,

I'm going in to tax in one of the Big 4 this September after I finish my undergrad (I'll have CAP 1's exempt).

I was just wondering how, after I finish my training contract, I would go about gaining some experience as an auditor? Is it realistically possible to gain quality experience in a field other than tax once you've done your ACA contract in that field?

Any help would be really appreciated!

If your going to the Big4 there are usually opportunities to move departments during your training contract.

Put your hand up for some audit experience after 18 months of tax and shouldn't be too much of an issue if you get on with the managers / partners and show a bit of motivation and potential.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 wheelybin_1

Cheers lads for the replies!

Thing is, I do enjoy tax and I wouldn't mind working in it but afterwords I would be willing to take a pay cut and gain some audit experience, just so I wasn't locked down or tied into one area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement