Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stick with HL French???

• 24-02-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Repeating and only took up HL French this year go b3 in ol last year. For my mocks this year I got 37 % which I wasn't happy with . That was without the oral though so should I stick with HL and hope that the oral in April boosts up my grade because it is 25 % more ??? I really need the HL to maximise my points this year.
    Any one who has done HL French please would love your advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

It is really hard to advise you on this one! Honestly , seeing you get a b3 in ol that is very good but i'm not sure if it is good enough to pass the honours! i did honours french last year and i'm repeating this year and doing it again and it is very difficult still , you would have to put in sooo much work , you could maybe switch one of your other subjects to honours and drop to ol in french?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

You should stick with HL, in my opinion.

You got 37% which is just short of a pass, and you still have over 3 months left until the leaving cert. Many people go up a grade or 2 (or more) in the real leaving cert in comparison to their mocks. If you study French through the next 3 months, they'll be no doubt that you'd have the ability to do well and maybe get an honour in the subject.

I'd stick with higher level only if you're willing to study French!

Advertisement