Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens hearing test

Options
  • 24-02-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere we could get a childs hearing tested? We are in the limerick area.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Your GP or public health nurse would be good starting points

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NCM

Theres a place in Ennis that does both childrens and adults hearing tests. The website is
    www.midwesthearing.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭its baltic

Have an appointment booked with this lady. thank you for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes, I (personally) know people as young as 8 who had them.

DO NOT PAY MONEY!!!

For more info, please see http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/dental_aural_and_optical_services/aural_services.html
    The Health Service Executive (HSE) is obliged to provide aural services free of charge to:
    pre-school children and primary school children referred from child health service and school health service examinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭its baltic

Thats all well and good until your waiting as long as I was!!(2 years for a hearing test)

Had my appointment and the lady was excellent, she knew her stuff inside out and explained everthing we want to know. It was well worth the few quid and has saved us alot of worrying and hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

its baltic wrote: »
    Thats all well and good until your waiting as long as I was!!(2 years for a hearing test)

Had my appointment and the lady was excellent, she knew her stuff inside out and explained everthing we want to know. It was well worth the few quid and has saved us alot of worrying and hassle.
    Two years is fairly excessive. Where was the test done? When I got mine (in the 80's), I'm not sure how long I waited (it's over two decades ago!).

Advertisement