Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does crane stock battery fit into VLTOR IMOD stock?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

They don't fit unfortunately.
    You need to custom make a battery too fit.
    Or just use a stock tube battery:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭pibis

Yeah, I just don't see any benefit of running a stock tube LiPo and want my 9.6 bats to work. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Fair enough.
    A turnigy nano tech 7.4 2000mah will give you similar performance as your nimh battery.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that I'd need to cough up for like three new batteries and a new charger just to change stock. So I'll pass on that I guess :)

Apparently the crane stock and the fixed stock are the only ones that take the nunchuck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

pibis wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that I'd need to cough up for like three new batteries and a new charger just to change stock. So I'll pass on that I guess :)

Apparently the crane stock and the fixed stock are the only ones that take the nunchuck?

Nope. You can get that stock in a battery version, but it takes some digging. G&P do one - it comes with their MRP and Sentry, and many other guns I'm sure. However they also make one called a battery stock, but it is only for stock tube lipo so you have to be very careful when purchasing that you end up with the right one.

• Advertisement

Thanks Inari. I'll keep looking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I have one (it's a VLTOR VICTOR stock) and i have an 8.4v nunchuck in it, having said that I have a feeling it was a real stock for a RS rifle as the documentation was pretty adamant on not mis-using it and that it was assembled by an experienced gun smith and then checked by the QC department. Airsoft is good, but it's not a sport known for quality control :p
    If it is a real stock, I'm not sure how it ft my stock tube but anyways...

If it has a "VICTOR" branding on it then it's G&P - at least that's what my research says. Apparently the original branding is VLTOR and G&P took their liberty with the stock. It also means that it's "airsoft made"...

If that makes any sense in the light of your gunsmith instructions and all. This is a special kind of conundrum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

pibis wrote: »
    If it has a "VICTOR" branding on it then it's G&P - at least that's what my research says. Apparently the original branding is VLTOR and G&P took their liberty with the stock. It also means that it's "airsoft made"...

If that makes any sense in the light of your gunsmith instructions and all. This is a special kind of conundrum...

well it would make sense if the G&P style stocks fitted a battery, but in my search for one originally, I couldn't find one that allowed a battery to fit into it. I got this one from Boards agesa go. None made by G&P anyways.. all very strange :P

Advertisement