Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application refused for "no Proof of Payment" - yet mine was already verified

Options
  • 24-02-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So basically I just received a message from IEC telling me that my application was refused due to "no Proof of Payment". This is pretty mental, as they had verified my Proof of Payment three weeks earlier! I had submitted it well within the timeframe allowed, so it couldn't be that. Anyone else hear of this happening?

I've sent IEC a message via my Kompass account, but I don't know what kind of black hole their inbox could be. Has anyone ever received a reply from them after sending them a message? Me nerves, like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

if you paid before the date and submitted the proof of payment and was verified then it must have been their fault, can you check with your bank that the payment went through?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rowsdower

I'd paid in cash up at AIB Grafton Street (where IEC's account is). There was a rake of other people there paying it in the same way. My brother and his room-mate paid it in in the exact same way and on the same day, and they were conditionally accepted two weeks ago. The crazy thing is, is that they asked for my bank details so that they can refund the payment. The payment that I supposedly didn't make. Jesus.

It definitely seems like an error at IEC's end, which wouldn't be such a problem if they weren't such a nightmare to get in contact with. I'm not with USIT, but I'll try my luck tomorrow and go in to their offices and ask what's the craic with all this madness.

if you got verified, it doesn't make sense that they are looking to refund you.
    I think its got to do with no proof of payment, wat did you upload for proof?
    but it does sound like its there fault and they need to sort it out or explain why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rowsdower

I upload the scan of the receipt with all the necessary details on it, same as most people did. If the application is irrevocable, I can make a new application, but I shouldn't even have to (plus the fact that I might not even get the chance to reapply, at least not until the summer).

The real frustration with this though is that it's an error by IEC that could easily be brought to their attention and resolved, if I were able to simply call a number. Instead, all I can seem to do is send them a Kompass message, which could easily just disappear into nowhere.

I would keep trying to contact by kompass email nothing else you can do, if you can try contacting the canadian embassy in london I think that's were they are processed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Gem88

This is very similar to my situation, I got refused on the basis that I didn't provide family information form, which I did provide! Would love to know if anyone has any advise or even tell me their situations and outcomes. I am in Ireland at the moment and I need to go back to Canada.

Advertisement